• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord quiz » if you place a capo on the first fret and play a D chord, what chord are you playing then?

if you place a capo on the first fret and play a D chord, what chord are you playing then?

Q. As in the secong fret with a capo.What chord are you playing in the normal D shape?

A. Here's how a capo works: Do you know the order of notes on your fretboard? (or on a piano?) If you look at the notes on your D string, starting open and moving up one fret at a time to the 12th fret, they are D-D#-E-F-F#-G-G#-A-A#-B-C-C#-D. This is called a "chromatic" scale. You can start a chromatic scale on any note and just go one fret at a time until you come to the starting note again. When you put a capo on the first fret, you move all the notes up one semi-tone and convert the chord to the next letter in the chromatic scale.

If you play a D shaped chord with the capo on the 1st fret, it becomes D# (Eb) With a capo on the 2nd fret, it becomes E. With the capo on the 3rd fret it becomes.....(look to the chromatic scale above)...yes, it's F

All other chords work the same way, and this is also the principal behind barre chords. With barre chords, your first finger becomes the capo.

Pop quiz:
If you put the capo on the 4th fret and play an E shaped chord, what chord are you playing?
Hint: Count up the chromatic scale (fret by fret) on the E string.

E â open
F â 1st fret
F# â 2nd fret
G â 3rd fret
G# â 4th fret
The correct answer is G# which is also called Ab. You could also play this as a barre chord laying your first finger across all the strings on the 4th fret and forming an E with your other 3 fingers.

If you understand my explanation, you'll be able figure a way to play just about any chord. Pretty cool, huh?

Original Question

PLEASE HELP?????????
Q. I'm at college and I am losing interest in my subjects. I'm losing motivation! Please suggest some ideas to get me interested again!

A. This happens to me all the time when playing piano!

Hm, I got interested in piano again by doing something fun with it, Like I started playing with chords and messed around with them..

Maybe you could make a gaame with subjects?

Make questions from your text books, and quiz people and yourself, it may be fun(:


Hope this helps....?

Original Question

any way to improve reading/playing rhythms?
Q. i play bass in high school and im going to be alone or like first chair next year and im self taught but i started taking piano last year. i cant find the notes all right but if any bass parts are syncopated i have lots of problems. is there any sites or books or cds that help with reading/playing rhythm faster?

A. really really work on reading music in general. rhythms, well drum music to say the least. learn different time signatures because i can guarantee you'll see them. i play bass too and if you play jazz well then learn to slap and pop, double stops (chords) i recommend taking a quiz online of the bass clef notes

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : if you place a capo on the first fret and play a D chord, what chord are you playing then?
Description : Q. As in the secong fret with a capo.What chord are you playing in the normal D shape? A. Here's how a capo works: Do you know the ord...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger