• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » how to read piano chord » How to read chords (piano)?

How to read chords (piano)?

Q. Im confused on how to read these chords..

G Gs4
This is the air I breathe

This is the air I breathe (Same chords)

G D/F# Em Em/D
Your holy presence

C Am D
Living in me,

I have a few questions

#1 - How do i know hot many times to play the G chord and the other ones, do i play them just once and switch to get ready to play the next chord?

#2 - D/F# means play D with your left hand and F# with your right hand?

#3 -

G D/F# Em D C Am D
And I, _______________ I'm desperate for you

Would that be played right after each other?
And is there a way to suspend the notes to play longer
through that big gap?

Thanks (:

A. 1 listen to the song, and you could choose how many times you play the chord, just as long as you change to the next chord at the right time.

#2 D/F# you would play a D chord but play an F# note in the bass (i play guitar so thats how i would describe it, but hopefully you get the idea)

#3 again listen to the song and listen for when the chord changes happen.

Original Question

help with reading piano chords?
Q. what notes would be used (for piano) for each of these chords? (note: â«=flat) :
Eâ«/Dâ« = ?
Eâ«/Bâ« = ?
Eâ«/Aâ« = ?
Eâ«/G = ?
Eâ«/F = ?

A. Here is a very basic voicing for these:

The Eb chord in the right hand is always going to consist of:
Eb, G, Bb [b = flat]

You are changing the bass note in the left hand while keeping the upper part of the chord the same. Keep playing Eb, G, Bb with your right hand while playing Db, Bb, Ab, G, or F in the left hand, depending on what the chord symbol says.

Whenever you see a chord symbol with a slash, the note to the right of the slash indicates a bass note other than the root of the chord.

You can voice the rest of the chord as you see fit. It doesn't have to consist of a triad in the right hand and a single note in the left, but those are the basics. An easy way to give the bass note more weight is to play an octave in the left hand. You can take it from there... ;-)

peace

.

Original Question

Can you please translate these piano chords, I dont know how to read them?
Q. These are the chords.
Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 Bbm7 Ab Bbm7 B Ab Verses: Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 Bbm7 (x4) Cbm7 Bbm7 Cbm7 B Bbm7 Chorus: Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 Bbm7 Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 C# C#m Bridge: B Bbm7 Ab (x2) C# C#m Ab Fm F# Ab Bbm Ab F# Please Help!

A. Ok this is in no way going to teach you how to play piano, but a basic understanding of music theory would help a lot. Chords are structured based on scales and keys yadah yadah. the letters (i.e. A B C D) are root notes to the chords. Now for the symbols. b=flat so Ab= A flat major chord. It's major because is has nothing denoting it's not. anything with a little m next to it is minor. That means that rather than playing the chord major, you drop the third note in the chord down a half step. The 7 means you add in the 7th note in the scale to that chord. # is the opposite of flat. It means sharp, so c# is a C sharp chord. Verse chorus and bridge are self-explanitory. Chords are generally 3-5 notes on average played together. So the first chord on there the Ab chord is an A flat major chord. your root note is Ab, and the other two notes you play are C and Eb I believe. If you don't know the notes on a piano, you need to buy a book. If this makes sense, it should be easier to figure out now. Another note. A major chord consists generally of three or four notes. Your root note, the next note is 4 half steps above that, and the next note is 3 half steps above that.

A minor chord has the root note, the next note is three half steps above that, and the last note is 5 half steps above that. I'm certainly not saying "this is how you play piano". I play, and it's not something you can just pick up and learn, but this should give you somewhat of a better understanding of how to read these charts. If you go out and spend like ten bucks at a local music store, you can get a music theory book that will explain all of this in great detail. btw what song is this?
Hope this helps and good luck.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to read chords (piano)?
Description : Q. Im confused on how to read these chords.. G Gs4 This is the air I breathe This is the air I breathe (Same chords) G D/F...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger