• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » csus4 piano chord » What are good piano chord sequences for ballads?

What are good piano chord sequences for ballads?

Q. My best friend in the entire universe is going to sweden for a year on exchange. Im going to miss her so much and i decided that i wanted to write her a song. Im a good singer and i have written all the lyrics but i just cant come up with the melody. I am OK at piano and can read music and improvise but i really need to know what chords do most ballads consist of. What chords sequence is perfect for a ballad? PLEEEAAASSEEE help!! <3

A. Hmm... OK, you asked for it. =D, I hope this may help.
Inside the parenthesis are my recommended time how long the chord should be played. BTW, this is 4/4, since ballad are 4/4s. Tempo = between 60-70bpm.



For a simple sequence of chords but yet sweet and can be turned be very power sequence, you may use these sequence. This sequence is very common.

Verse:
.....C(4 counts) - G(4 counts) - Am(4 counts) - F(3 counts) -
.....G(1 count)

Pre-chorus:
.....If this exists, use this sequence, if not skip:
.....F(2 counts) - G(2 count)
....You may repeat this pre-chorus sequence as many as you like.

Chorus:
.....C(4 counts) - G(4 counts) - Am(4 counts) - F(4 counts)

Outro
.....just stress or rest on F until the chord fades.



My 2nd sequence would be this. It gives long verses and chorus but very sweet, dramatic and powerful.

Verse:
.....C(2 counts) - G/B(2 counts) - Am (2 counts) - G(2 counts) -
.....F(2 counts) - Em7(2 counts) - Dm7(2 counts) - G(2 counts) -
.....C(2 counts) - C/E(2 counts)

Chorus:
....F(2 count) - G(2 count) - Em7(1 count) - E7(1 count) -
....Am(2 counts) - F(2 counts) - Gsus4(1 count) -
....G(1 count) - Csus4(1 count) - C(1 count)
....If you want to return to the verse, please play: G(2 counts)
....But if you want to continue repeating on the verse, play:
....Gsus4/C(1 count) - C/E(1 count)

Outro:
.....To end, play: Am7(2 counts) - Dm7(2 counts) - G(2 counts) and
.....stress to C until it fades

Original Question

What chord is this on piano?
Q. The notes are F, B flat, and C.

What chord is this on piano? D:

A. Its' called Fsus4

Sus4 is formed when instead of playing the middle key in a major (non-inverted) chord, you play it's next key to the the right. So, instead of playing F A C (or F Major), you rather increase the middle key (A) by one step, and play F Bflat C, which is Fsus4.

For instance, to form Csus4, instead of playing C Major which is C E G, you rather increase E by one step and play C F G which is the Csus4. It works like that for all the keys.

Original Question

Please can anybody give me the piano chord progression for Beyonce's Listen (Dream Girls OST) ie Bmajor, Csus4
Q. e.g. Listen, to the....
Bmaj, (another chord), etc.....

A. This is not classical music. Please direct to pop forum.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What are good piano chord sequences for ballads?
Description : Q. My best friend in the entire universe is going to sweden for a year on exchange. Im going to miss her so much and i decided that i wante...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger