• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » gsus piano chord » how do you play a gsus chord on the piano?

how do you play a gsus chord on the piano?

Q. I WANT TO TRANSLATE guitar chords to piano chords

A. Instead of playing a B in the major triad (G - B - D), you play a C, so the notes should be G - C - D for a Gsus4. For a Gsus2 chord, you play an A instead of the B, so the notes should be G - A - D. So for Gsus4, go up a semitone (move up one white key to C), and for Gsus2 you go down two semitones (move down one white key to A).

Original Question

what chord has the notes GACD in that order?
Q. on piano. thanks in advance :)

A. It really depends on the function of the chord. What are the chords before and after? It could be some form of a Gsus chord, or an Am7sus4, or a transitional harmony - not really functioning as a chord but more a collection of leading tones. The thing is that chords don't just exist in a vacuum, so the same group of notes could be more than one chord, and must be defined by their function within a piece.

Original Question

Piano Chords help I need chords translated into notes...?
Q. Bm7 Em Am7 GB G Gsus
Any help at all would be greatly apreaciated, thanks.
Here is the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArrZ3AxdLfg (listen to the intro).

A. Use the root note for the bass... Bm7=B

Bm7: b d g (to capture the 7th, drop the upper b in the bass one whole step, which is an a)

Em: e g b

Am7: a c e g(for the 7th)

G: g b d ... play B on the bass

Gsus: g b d (sus a 2 or 4? - try adding c)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : how do you play a gsus chord on the piano?
Description : Q. I WANT TO TRANSLATE guitar chords to piano chords A. Instead of playing a B in the major triad (G - B - D), you play a C, so the notes ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What notes should i play on the piano to create a gloomy song?
    Q. I'm completely fresh to playing a piano. I know where the notes on the keyboard are located... i was wanting to play something incre...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger