• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord usage » What's a good instrument for an adult with 6-inch hands? Used to be a violinist, but that was too big.?

What's a good instrument for an adult with 6-inch hands? Used to be a violinist, but that was too big.?

Q. I'm a music major, and I've recently found out that even a 3/4 size violin may be too big for me. I'd really like to continue playing some instrument, even if I am going into composition.

Note: I cannot reach an octave on the piano. And the clarinet is also too large for me.

A. Well, the harmonica is a nice small instrument. Have you tried a recorder? The soprano recorder is quite small and though it is not in common usage today, it does have a demand in colonial settings (I used to play recorder professionally at Colonial Williamsburg - although they call it the English Flute). There is also the piccolo (it is basically a tiny flute with a higher pitch), drums (I don't think hand size would matter much in drumming), and keep in mind there are violins smaller than a 3/4. And although not being able to reach an octave will limit some of your piano playing, it does not mean you can't play piano. You can drop the bottom note on chords that are too wide for your hand (very young students often have to do that). Hope this helps.

Original Question

Carpal Tunnels... How can I relieve the pain without surgery?
Q. I have carpal tunnels in both my hands. These days I can't even play piano or wash my car anymore, as I am unable to sleep from the pain for three nights after.

I have heard of expensive creams which ease the pain, and obviously surgery, but at the moment both are out of my reach. Is there something I can do to make it more bearable?

A. I have it in both wrists as well. I wear braces at night or in the day as needed. I wear a lightweight pair of fingerless arthritis gloves with a wrist strap for everyday usage, which can be easily washed and dried. I play guitar, paint, and write, so I understand how frustrating it can be, never mind the pain and the snapping twinges. I have somewhat adapted to this by alternating my finger/chord techniques, and switching paint mediums. Brushes require too much, so I switched to pastels. I have to adapt to my abilities, and getting through the frustration of figuring out how to re-use your hands is a big part of dealing with it.
There is a asian product called Eagle Brand Medicated Oil that is wonderful. Tiger Balm is good.

Original Question

What are good chords to make a song?
Q. I have been trying to make a song on the piano, but when ever i play random chords i sounds like other songs. and I really hate that.

A. There are only so many chord progressions to choose from. Besides, some of the greatest songwriters start with common chord progressions but put something special, either lyrically or in their performance that makes the song new.

Check out Etta James version of "At Last". This is the same chord progression as many songs before and after, but there is something magical in this particular usage.

Start with common chord progressions, and then figure out how to make them your own!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What's a good instrument for an adult with 6-inch hands? Used to be a violinist, but that was too big.?
Description : Q. I'm a music major, and I've recently found out that even a 3/4 size violin may be too big for me. I'd really like to contin...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger