• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » cm piano chord » Why is there a g diminished chord in bar 148 of the first movement of Beethoven's Pathetique?

Why is there a g diminished chord in bar 148 of the first movement of Beethoven's Pathetique?

Q. I'm doing an analysis of the development of the first movement of Beethoven's "Pathetique" piano sonata in Cm, Op. 13, and in bar 148 I found a G diminished chord between a D dominant seven and a C dominant seven. I don't know why it's there.

A. You're going to come unstuck if you try to persist in explaining chords in isolation the way you do, rather than functionally within a tonal region which, at bar 137, has been established as e-minor. If, from there, you proceed to argue the functional progression between bar 137 and 143, and then from bar 143 to 149, what you identify as happening functionally in bar 142 has a strict analogy in the bar 148 you ask about, be that in preparation for different (implied) key regions in each instance. (You're dealing with harmonic sequencing here.)

Crack what is happening in bar 142 and you will have the solution to bar 148, with the proviso that each instance is pointing to a different (passing) tonal centre on the way to settling on the (home key) dominant from bar 167 onwards to begin to prepare at length for the return of the 1st subject in recapitulation.

Al the best, and good luck!

Original Question

Can somebody help me with this piano chord progression?
Q. Cm Ab Am Bb

Then I don't know where to go any suggestions?

A. Fmin Gmaj Ebmaj Emaj

or

Cmaj Dmaj Amin F#maj


I don't know, i really made this up on the spot, lol.
Hope I could be a bit of use.

Original Question

How do I transpose from one key to another?
Q. Okay so I play Euphonium which is in the key of B flat (I play in treble) . I'm trying to transpose a piano piece that's in the key of B (five sharps), but nothing seems to be working. Please help!

A. Bb major to B major here is the chords from Bb to B

Bbmaj ------------- Bmaj
Cm -------------- C#m
Dm ---------------D#m
Ebmaj -----------------Emaj
F7 -----------------F#7
Gm ---------------G#m
Adim ---------------A#dim

Basically the chord remains the same, being a major minor dim or dom just move the pitch a semitone

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Why is there a g diminished chord in bar 148 of the first movement of Beethoven's Pathetique?
Description : Q. I'm doing an analysis of the development of the first movement of Beethoven's "Pathetique" piano sonata in Cm, Op. 13,...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger