• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » cadd9 piano chord » what are the piano notes for like you do?

what are the piano notes for like you do?

Q. like you do by angle taylor is great and i want to play it on piano but i cant find the notes for it..if you know them please tell me or tell me where to find them!! <3

A. Angel Taylor - Like You Do
Capo 3rd

Chords - E A D G B E
G - 3 2 0 0 3 3
D - X X 0 2 3 3
Am - X 0 2 2 1 0
Cadd9 - X 3 2 0 3 3
Em7M - 0 2 1 0 0 0
Em - 0 2 2 0 0 0
Em7 - 0 2 0 0 0 0
A - X 0 2 2 2 0

Intro:
G - D - Am - Cadd9 X2

Verse 1:
G D Am
Boy you know it's bad when you do that
Cadd9
but you don't care
G D Am
holding out exactly what I want
Cadd9
but you won't share

Pre-Chorus:
Am D
And I've never had a taste before
Am Cadd9
but now you've got me wanting more

Chorus:
G
You're playin' it cool, I know what you do
D Am
I feel like a fool, but I would be feelin' it anyway
Cadd9
cause nobody loves me
G
You're messing around, I figured you out
D Am
You're taking me down, but I would be feelin' it anyway
Cadd9 G - D - Am - Cadd9
cause nobody loves me, like you do.

Verse 2:
G D Am
And boy you know it's wrong when you do that
Cadd9
but you go there
G D Am
Feeling all your fingers sliding slowly
Cadd9
through my hair

Pre-Chorus:
Am D
And I've never had a taste before
Am Cadd9
but now you've got me wanting more

Chorus:
G
You're playin' it cool, I know what you do
D Am
I feel like a fool, but I would be feelin' it anyway
Cadd9
cause nobody loves me
G
You're messing around, I figured you out
D Am
You're taking me down, but I would be feelin' it anyway
Cadd9 (Two measures)
cause nobody loves me

Bridge: (Each two measures)
Em
Like you do
Em7M
Like you do
Em7
Like you do
A
Like you do
Cadd9
Ahh Yea

Verse 3:
G D Am
And boy you know it's bad when you do that
Cadd9 (Two measures)
But you, don't, care

Chorus:
G
You're playin' it cool, I know what you do
D Am
I feel like a fool, but I would be feelin' it anyway
Cadd9
cause nobody loves me
G
You're messing around, I figured you out
D Am
You're taking me down, but I would be feelin' it anyway
Cadd9 G
cause nobody loves me, you

Outro:
(G) D Am
Like you do, Like you do
Cadd9
Cause nobody loves me
G
You're messing around, I figured you out
D Am
You're taking me down, but I would be feelin' it anyway
Cadd9 (Hold) G (Hold)
Boy you know it's bad when you do that

Original Question

Are the piano chords C2 and Cadd9 the same?
Q. C2 has the notes C,D,E,G, while Cadd9 has the notes C,E,G,D', but here I quote from Wikipedia:
Add nine major triad major ninth - C2, Cadd9
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_%28music%29
But I think that is impossible that that is right, because major ninth means D' which is not the same with D in chord C2.

A. The 2nd and 9th are the same note, so yes, they are the same chord.

How you voice it determines what it is called.

If you add the D that is between the root note and the 3rd, it is a C2.

If you add the D that is in the next octave of the scale it is Cadd9.

That's because the 8th would be an octave higher than the root note (C), which makes the 9th an octave higher than the 2nd (D).

They sound subtly different, but they are interchangeable if the song in question allows for improvisation.

Original Question

Help changing guitar tabs into piano chords?
Q. How do I play Dsus4 and Cadd9 and Em7 on the piano ? (what notes are they) thanks !

A. The notes in the chords:

Dsus4: DGA
Cadd9: CEGD
Em7: EGBD

How you might play them:

Dsus4:
RH: DGA (or GAD, or ADG)
LH: D

Cadd9:
RH: CDEG (or GCDE, or DEGC, or EGCD, or DEG, or GDE, or EGD)
LH: C

Em7:
RH: BDG (or GBD, or DGB, or BDEG, or GBDE, or DEGB)
LH: E

As you can see, there are lots of ways to voice the chords. See what sounds best to you. Feel free to email me if you have questions.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : what are the piano notes for like you do?
Description : Q. like you do by angle taylor is great and i want to play it on piano but i cant find the notes for it..if you know them please tell me or...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger