• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » abm piano chord » What chords go together..?

What chords go together..?

Q. I'm writing a song right now, on piano (but it's just chords so far it'd work for guitar too) and so far, the chords I'm using are D#, Bb, C#, G# -- in that order. What are some other chords that would sound good with that? I'm thinking that would be the chorus, and I wanted verses that were similar but different from the chorus, and then maybe a prechorus and bridge that sound different but good together. If that made sense? Pleasee help! :)

A. You stumbled upon a Plagal cadence. Your song seems to be in Ab major and you've written a chord progression of V, ii (you should use Bb minor, not major), IV, I. The numbers refer to the base note's position in the scale of the key. The last two chords will sound like the "Amen" at the end of a hymn.

If you want to do a standard pop song-y chord progression, I, IV, V, I would be a safe bet. (In this case with your key of Ab, that would be AbM, DbM, EbM, AbM). If you want to do something that leads into the end of the piece, ii, vi, IV, V, I is about the most standard ending chord progression there is. (Bbm, fm, DbM, EbM, AbM).

You can read more about chord progressions on wikipedia here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_progression

Or really, you should just take a music theory class if you want to learn anything about this stuff. Order matters and how you get from one chord to another and how chords are built, etc. etc. It's not like cooking soup where you can just throw all the ingredients in and have a song.

Original Question

who knows how to play guitar or piano?
Q. im trying to find this rock song, i dont know the lyrics: the chords are like: Cm# 2 x
Abm 2 X, A major 2 X, then Abm 2x , then A major 2 x , and finally E major. Then the guitar riff is like: D major 2 x, A major 2 x, and E major 2x

A. Are you sure on the chords? The only song that comes close to it that I know is Placebo's "Every Me Every You" but that's in D, Odd that you can find the chords, and not pick up one line of the lyrics

Original Question

What are the keys to play these chords on a piano?
Q. F#
B
Abm
Ebm
Eb
C#

Thanks!

A. For any major chord, play the note that is the name of the chord, then go up 4 half steps and play that note, then go up 3 half steps and play that note.
For any minor chord, first go up 3 half steps, then 4 half steps. They all work that way.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What chords go together..?
Description : Q. I'm writing a song right now, on piano (but it's just chords so far it'd work for guitar too) and so far, the chords I'm...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger