• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord inversions chart » How to find chords on a guitar?

How to find chords on a guitar?

Q. Say,I was wondering?Is there any easy way to find chords on a guitar?Any method at all,that can help you find the frets to put your fingers on so that you can play the chord?I mean there's an easy method which can be used to find chords on a piano, but is there any at all that can be used to find chords on a guitar?If so please tell me.

A. hi nabil

hey please try out my site at http://guitarmanual.typepad.com i made an ebook that has step by step lessons of exactly what to practice and play to learn guitar, there are posts and videos to help, and the ebook is just .99 cents (for sale rt now) and goes along w/ the videos , it's 93 pages and 8 chapters covering it all up to an advanced level, how to read tab and chord charts, open chords, barre chords, power chords, single notes, playing techniques, chord inversions, scales, modes, chord charts, keys, etc.. everything , you can email me to for any extra help. try it out, thanks !!

http://guitarmanual.typepad.com

Original Question

how to compose chords in a different way to blocked out?
Q. i've tried broken chords but i'd like it to be different have you heard adeles version of make you feel my love? well i want to compose something like that in the piano/guitar accompaniment

any ideas??

thanks guys :D

A. Try transcribing parts that have the sound you would like to emulate. Learn those parts and study them. Are there any patterns to how the chords are voiced? What sort of rhythms are being used? How are non-chord tones utilized? Do the non-chord tones outline any particular scales? How does the accompaniment suggest the harmony? How does it interact with the melody?

These are the questions you need to ask yourself when studying those parts.

The musicians that played them probably didn't think them through that much. They probably just dove right in and figured something out on the fly. But different players do different things when they do that... they play things they are familiar with and do often. They sort of have a "strategy" for comping.

For example, my basic comping strategy on the guitar is to alternate between drop 2 voicings with the low note on the A string and drop 3 voicings with the low note on the E string. I try to keep the voice leading as smooth as possible, which means I often have to use inversions.

You can hand me a chart for a song I've never heard before and I can read it down fairly quickly using that method above. It's just a sound I like, so I practice playing that way. I can do something else if asked, but I usually go that way first because it's a more sophisticated approach that I can do right away without having to think about it.

If you always resort to clumsily jumping around to root position, close voiced chord, then you just need to develop a new strategy and practice that. Perhaps you can hit 5ths in the left hand and triads in the right. Whenever you have a 7th chord, leave the root out of your right hand. If the chart calls for an inversion, put the root over whatever note is in the bass, unless it's the 7th, in which case you can put the 3rd. Voice lead the right hand chords up for 4 bars, then back down for the next 4 bars.

That's just an idea of how you can develop your own comping methods. I just made that up right now, but if you try playing that way, it should sound pretty nice (and a lot more sophisticated than what you're apparently doing now). Those are the sort of patterns you should look for when transcribing performances as well. This is how musicians think.

Original Question

What's the Best Way to Teach Yourself Piano?
Q. I can play several instruments already, but I just heard John Schmidt's "Hymn of Nature" and decided I want to make a real attempt at piano. What's the best way to teach myself? I'm an extremely quick learner and can pick up any instrument fairly easily. What are good programs targeted towards adults/fast learners, or at least some good songs to learn that teach basic chords and playing styles?

A. I am mostly self-taught. I think a good way is to find someone who plays chords either on the piano or guitar and listen to chord changes until you can recognize them. Then try picking out tunes on the piano. Also you can get charts that show how to play the chords and chord inversions. The way to learn to read sheet music is just to practice a lot. If you already read music for other instruments, it should not be hard to apply that knowledge to the piano, but it might take time to learn to read several notes instead of one note at a time.
www.youtube.com/lightrays

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to find chords on a guitar?
Description : Q. Say,I was wondering?Is there any easy way to find chords on a guitar?Any method at all,that can help you find the frets to put your fing...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger