• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » d7 piano chord » What are the basic chords for a love song to serenade someone with?

What are the basic chords for a love song to serenade someone with?

Q. Im trying to write a song that I will be able to sing for a special someone, but I just want to know the basic chords to start out with.

A. I don't know what instrument you're playing or what kind of love song you want to write, so I'll give you chords easy to play on guitar or piano. They're (mostly) in the key of G:

G
Am7
A7
A7sus4
Bm7
C
D
D7
Dsus4
D7sus4
Em
Em7

Here's a chord progression to get you started. Change it however you like or discard it completely:

Intro
G |C |G |C |

Verse
G |C |G |C |
Em7 |A7 |Dsus4 |D |
G |C |G |C |
Em7 |A7 |Dsus4 |D |

Chorus
C |D7 |G |C |
C |D7 |G |C |
C |D7 |Bm7 |Em |
C |C |D7sus4 |D7 |
G |

Then back to the Intro. (Leave out the first G, because it's already at the end of the Chorus.)

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Original Question

What are the chords in this short medley? *10 pts!*?
Q. I desperately need to know what chords the guitar is strumming because I need to transfer this song to piano. Thank you, i'll definitely give you best answer if you can do this for me!

A. what is the medly?? lol
ill just throw you Bm D D7 G


Indie rock, folk music, personal ads, rants & raves, love, sex, and everything else. Read it, and read it more.
www.personalsenglishteacher.blogspot.com
Your 5th Grade English Teacher! Blog

Original Question

How do you explain this advanced, alternate ending chord in music ?
Q. On the piano, let's say we are in the key of A minor (Am). When the song ends, instead of resolving to the Am, we end on D to D octave on the left hand and on the right hand we play C E G# B.
How does this chord work and why does it sound "off" but good?
Do you know any other alternate ending chords for both major and minor keys ?

A. B
G#
E
C
A
wold be A minor major 7/9, so that would be the "normal" chord to end the cadence

Changing only the Root from A to D makes it a D7/13/#11 which can be seen as a substitute for the A minor chord.
It gives the listener the impression that the song is not finished yet- which it is.
its a common trick used in Jazz to substitute the I minor chord with a IV chord.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What are the basic chords for a love song to serenade someone with?
Description : Q. Im trying to write a song that I will be able to sing for a special someone, but I just want to know the basic chords to start out with....

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger