• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord dm » What key/chords should I use when writing my first song on the piano?

What key/chords should I use when writing my first song on the piano?

Q. I love music and I really want to write songs. I'm still a little fuzzy though on how to do it. So what key would be best for me to use when writing a song? It needs to be relatively simple. And can you specify which chords to use as well? All help is appreciated. Thanks.

A. C Major yes. C D E F G A B C
And the chords would be C Dm Em F G7 Am Bdiminished
Write 8 bars with the first chord as a C, then use the other six in whatever order you think sounds best. This will be your chorus
Then start the next section either on F or Am and again arrange the chords in the order you think they should go in and write another eight bars. This will be your chorus.

Have fun
Cat

Original Question

How do I transpose from one key to another?
Q. Okay so I play Euphonium which is in the key of B flat (I play in treble) . I'm trying to transpose a piano piece that's in the key of B (five sharps), but nothing seems to be working. Please help!

A. Bb major to B major here is the chords from Bb to B

Bbmaj ------------- Bmaj
Cm -------------- C#m
Dm ---------------D#m
Ebmaj -----------------Emaj
F7 -----------------F#7
Gm ---------------G#m
Adim ---------------A#dim

Basically the chord remains the same, being a major minor dim or dom just move the pitch a semitone

Original Question

How do I make minor chords sound beautiful?
Q. I am listening to minor chord progressions and stuff, and the composers I am listening to make the minor chords into really beautiful songs. When I play minor chords, they just sound really sad/mean, and not beautiful or deep. What are some beautiful chord progressions I can do with minor chords? I'm sort of new to piano playing. Thanks!

A. well, as a general rule songs in minor sound sad (most of the time) so these songs are probably "special cases"

good chords in minor (Am)

Am, C, G, D, Dm, Dsus2, Dm9, Cmaj9, Bm11, Bmaj7#11, F6, C7, Asus2, C/G.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What key/chords should I use when writing my first song on the piano?
Description : Q. I love music and I really want to write songs. I'm still a little fuzzy though on how to do it. So what key would be best for me to ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger