• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord changing » Do you drummers feel that playing another instrument help you become a better drummer?

Do you drummers feel that playing another instrument help you become a better drummer?

Q. For me, I fell like playing another instrument helps me understand chord changes and other aspects of music theory that I do not learn form playing drums.
Think about this more in the contexts of a song. Now that I play piano and drums I understand the song's structure more than just beats and fills.

A. It could, my favorite drummer knows Piano as well, not sure if it helped him but, he knows the Piano, but, i dont know what else to learn, i dont have the fingers for a guitar, but i like vocals, screaming though, but i suck at that too, i want to learn how to scream

Original Question

What piano chords make a good lullaby song?
Q. I am trying to write a song and am wondering if anyone knew chords that produced that sleepy wonderful sound. Thanks so much!

A. Well, you'd have to choose a scale first, a good scale would be G major or C major. In G major, whenever you play "C" or "F", you change the not to a sharp. Some chords you could use include G, B, D, or C, E, G (the most simple chord), but you should experiement different key combinations.

Good lullaby chords usually use three keys each spread out by one note.

Original Question

What/where are the coolest harmonies and progressions you've ever heard?
Q. The other day, I heard the university choir sing this awesome song by a resident professor of composition- it was a swelling, undulating flow of chord changes and harmonic progressions that were just too awesome to describe. I'm not even sure if the piece had words; I was too busy thinking how cool it sounded. What are some pieces you know that kind of fit this description? I'm not looking for anything in particular- choir, orchestra, solo etc., or any specific musical period; just anything that you found particularly evocative on hearing.

A. The third movement of Schumann's piano concerto, the B section of the rondo, there are some AWESOME piano arpeggios in the most beautiful chord progressions. Then it changes key 3 times, from A, to C, to B flat. Each of those key changes makes the harmonies even more rich and powerful. Each time the key changes it's like your heart sinks, and you have a moment of breathlessness, as you try to comprehend its beauty.

It's incredible!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meszio9oxu8
It starts at 2:15...

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Do you drummers feel that playing another instrument help you become a better drummer?
Description : Q. For me, I fell like playing another instrument helps me understand chord changes and other aspects of music theory that I do not learn f...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger