• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » b7 piano chord » Does Anyone Know Any Jazz Chords On Piano?

Does Anyone Know Any Jazz Chords On Piano?

Q. On piano or keyboard can anyone tell me any jazz chords because i think they sound awesome. Could you tell me what notes to put my fingers on please?

A. There's no real list of jazz chords per se, but 7th chords (7, min7, maj7, etc) are commonly used in jazz.

To play a 7th chord, play the first, third, and fifth note of the scale (major chord) and add a flatted 7th to it.

The formula for a basic 7th chord is 1 3 5 b7

C major scale = C(1) D(2) E(3) F(4) G(5) A(6) B(7)
So, to make a C7 chord, play C E G and Bb

Formula for a maj7 chord is 1 3 5 7
Formula for min7 chord is 1 b3 5 b7
Formula for maj(min7) chord is 1 b3 5 7

You can usually also substitute 9th and higher (11th, 13th, etc.) chords for most 7th chords (9th chords are 7th chords with the 9th attached)

C7 = C E G Bb / C9 = C E G Bb D
Cmaj7 = C E G B / Cmaj9 = C E G B D
Cmin7 = C Eb G Bb / Cmin9 = C Eb G Bb
Cmin(maj7) = C Eb G B / Cmin(maj9) = C Eb G B D

The are so many other chord types out there though, so don't just rely on these!

Original Question

how do you build this piano chord?
Q. I'm trying to figure out how to build a Badd9 chord on the piano. I'm not sure how to do it. I know I could just google it, but I'd like it if someone would be able explain how you would build it if you had to explain it on a test.

Thank you!

A. B add 9 is simply a B major triad with the 9th added in there. So you've got B D# and F#, then a C#.

The chord Rachel described is a B9... not Badd9. B9 has the b7 in it, Badd9 does not.

Original Question

How do I form special piano chords?
Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance.

A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th is the same as the 2. Imagine you just continued counting the notes of the major scale AFTER the octave.

So Cadd9 would be C E G D, Emin(add9) would be E G B F#, etc

Cadd9 is different than a simple C9. C9 indicates the presence of the flat 7th too (C E G Bb D)

Here's a link to a chord construction chart I made. It tells you the which notes are in various chords, along with a few different ways they may be indicated on a lead sheet.

http://a.1asphost.com/LukeSniper/ccc.html

It doesn't have anything about 11ths or 13ths, it should make sense how that works after looking at it. The only thing to point out is that C13 is 1 3 5 b7 9 11 13. Parentheses are often used to indicate alterations or additions to a given chord. So C9(b5) would be 1 3 b5 b7 9 and C7(11/13) would be 1 3 5 b7 11 13

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Does Anyone Know Any Jazz Chords On Piano?
Description : Q. On piano or keyboard can anyone tell me any jazz chords because i think they sound awesome. Could you tell me what notes to put my finge...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger