• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » good piano chord progressions » What are the piano chords for "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie?

What are the piano chords for "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie?

Q. I play a little bit of piano, and I really love that song. All I am looking for is the names of the piano chords used in the song, the chord progression, and the notes that make up those chords. Thanks in advance, God bless! :-)

A. "Transatlanticism" - Death Cab:
http://www.e-chords.com/chords/death-cab-for-cutie/transatlanticism

"Transatlanticism" - Death Cab:
http://www.911tabs.com/link/?1164368

"Notes in Chords: Major, Minor, 7th, Aug":
http://www.michael-thomas.com/music/class/chords_notesinchords.htm

Cheers ebs

Original Question

When playing a chord progression on the piano do we play the same notes with both hands?
Q. I'm confused, I learning the 1 4 5 chord progression and I dont understand what I'm suppose to be doing with my left hand?

A. There are thousands of different ways to voice any particular chord - and all of them are equally correct. Learning different inversions and larger and smaller voicings of your chords will be an essential part of your education as a musician
However, a good place to start is by playing each chord in closed triad position (each note just one skip away from the other) with your right hand, and playing just the root note of the chord with your left. So, this:

RH - 5G - 5C - 5D - 5G
RH - 3E - 3A - 3B - 3E
RH - 1C - 1F - 1G - 1C

LH - 5C - 2F - 1G - 5G

Notice your RH fingering remains 135 on each chord while your left hand uses a more connective fingering. The next logical step after that is to learn how to invert the IV and V chords in order to connect the inner voicing better. So, this:

RH - 5G - 5G - 5A - 4G
RH - 3E - 2D - 3F - 2E
RH - 1C - 1B - 1C - 1C

LH - 5C - 2F - 1G - 5C

Note that this voicing uses the same identical note names as in the first excerpt, but they're rearranged this time and spelled in a different order (BDG instead of GBD). This is called playing the chord in an inversion. When learning this new excerpt, try to connect your fingers smoothly whenever possible, for example, connect the 3E in the first chord smoothly to the 2D in the second. And as always, connect your bass notes smoothly throughout.

Original Question

How do I know what notes to play on piano?
Q. I'm trying to write my own songs on the piano, I know about chord progressions but my problem is what notes do I hit are they random or if I'm playing a C chord am I only able to play C,E,G until I hit a new chord? does anybody have any links that will help me or anything?

A. Accidentals. They are various notes (only a few, otherwise you might as well switch between chords), that have the flat, sharp, or natural sign in fornt of them, that are not part of the chord.

Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accidental_(music)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What are the piano chords for "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie?
Description : Q. I play a little bit of piano, and I really love that song. All I am looking for is the names of the piano chords used in the song, the c...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger