• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord asus » What is an A2 chord, and what is an Asus?

What is an A2 chord, and what is an Asus?

Q. I am going to be the relief pianist for our church worship team. I am learning the songs from sheets that are notated with guitar chords. I can read sheet music, but have been away from piano playing for a long time and some of the chords seem confusing. So I need a description of what, on a keyboard (NOT a guitar!) an A2 chord is and what an Asus is?

A. A2 = A E B C# G

Asus2 = A B E

Asus4 = A D E

I hope they can help you some how

Original Question

Songs with these chords?
Q. A, Am, Asus B, Bm, C, D, Dm, E, Em, F, G. No minor 7ths or anything funky like that please. (: Its for the piano. Once again, only the chords listed please! (:


Thanks in advance! (:
Modern/popular songs would be best. (:

A. Well, many, if not most modern rock songs are built with those chords.

I'd have to recommend either "Mad World" by Gary Jules, or "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen. Neither are to recent, but both are very good.

I don't know what all they have in them, but if a song has a major 7th, just play it as a major.
If it has a minor 7th, again, lose the 7th and play it as a minor.
Those are just accents. You don't have to play the extended chords--just play them as their respective majors or minors.

Original Question

How to play some guitar chords on piano?
Q. Ok well there's a song I bought for guitar. In the chorus, the guitar chords are D, A, E, Esus2, F#m, and F#sus2. In another part the guitar chords are D(9), A(9), Esus, F#m11, and E6/G#. Its on guitar guru, which is a program where it teaches you how to play a song on guitar, well shows you how. I want to know how you could play these chords on piano. Also the song is Misery Business by Paramore.
10 points for a good answer
the key for guitar is Drop C#

A. Alright, so there are many different ways of voicing these chords on a piano, but I'll give you the basic way to work it out.

D (which is just D major) needs to have a D on the bass (lowest note) as well as an F# and probably an A. You'll probably want to double the D, depending on where the melody line is going.

A (major) needs an A in the bass, as well as a C# and probably an E. You may decide you want to add a D, or change the C# to a D for part of the duration of the chord making it an Asus, because it's in D, but that's a preference thing, and not included in what's written. once again, the A is good to double, but you can double anything you like, really.

E (major) same deal - E bass, G# and B. To suspend a 2nd (Esus2) lower the G# to an F#. It's not asking for an E7, but if you leave in the D from before, that can work, re-emphasising your key, but it's not in the music you've given.

F#m (minor) needs an F# bass, A and a C#. See above notes on doubling. A is also a good note to double in this case, but avoid the C#. Probably voice the C# fairly high in the chord. Once again, to suspend the 2nd, (F#sus2), simply lower the A one semitone to G#. Don't double this note though.

That gives you a basic chord theory (which you can also use for working out chords on the guitar yourself, if you like) and the other chords are alterations, as follows:

(9) simply means you add the 7th and 9th degrees (7th is always lowered unless it says MAJ7 or ^7)
So D(9) is D, F#, (A optional), C(natural) E. Any order, as long as the D is the bass. and C natural probably highish.

A(9) is A, C#, G, B. Can also have E. A bass, B probably highish.

Esus usually means sus4, unless it says 2, so E, A, B. E bass.

F#m11 needs F# bass, A, E, B. Can also have C# and G#.

E6/G# is a little different - think of it as an Emaj, with an added 6th, and a G# in the bass - G# bass, E, (optional B) C#.

Of course, other colours you might want to use, and the order you voice stuff in (apart from the bass) will depend on what melodies and countermelodies you have going. It's hard to type, much easier to show...

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is an A2 chord, and what is an Asus?
Description : Q. I am going to be the relief pianist for our church worship team. I am learning the songs from sheets that are notated with guitar chord...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger