• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord chasing after you » Any songs to play for an upcoming concert (on piano)?

Any songs to play for an upcoming concert (on piano)?

Q. I want some recent songs, like popular ones that would sound really nice on the piano.

Any suggestions?
Songs with rapping doesnt sound that nice on the piano (in my opinion)

soo, what ive been thinking so far
- skyscraper -demi
- jetlag - simple plan
- last friday night -katy perry <--although it sounds a bit weird on the piano in the beginning

any other suggestions?

A. Yo, all piano songs will sound good. If you wanna make them sound better, you must have soem additions on your own, like variations and diversifications of the left hand bass patterns, right hand improvisations like the rapid chord playing that some does:

A great example would be:
Hotel California by David Osbourne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hes6FYmLXmQ

Sounds hella impressive though its a rather old song, but the technical is godly

Or you can do some improv:
Canon in D here in many styles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0gOqanvHSs

Regarding nice piano songs,

- Apologize
- Chasing Cars
- Viva La Vida
- 21 Guns
- Maroon 5 Songs
- etc.

Basically any pop song with distinct piano melodies which are songs that will sound fine even without vocals

Alternatively you can try something impressive like rock / metal songs:
- Metallica's Nothing Else Matters
- Bohemian Rhapsody, We are the champions

Alternatively you can also try covers of alternative music like
Muse, Killers, Oasis, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/user/0AdRiaNleE0
http://www.youtube.com/user/Iwillbot#p/u/169/jwPnoPaTfi4

Both are great pianist with great songs.

Original Question

Having trouble writing melodies?
Q. One of my goals this year is to start making music.It seems like i just cant come up with anything. I know basic muscic theory. like building major scales and making chord progressions out of those chords. What are some tips i can do to help get me started? I read somewhere that developing your music ear is one of the best things to do to start hearing melodic lines in my head. So i thought about that and learning to transpose music. any tips and positive comments would be great! Thanx.

A. An easier approach (and one used by thousands of professional musicians who do not possess your knowledge of music theory) is to simply hum tunes. Try singing words and sentences (when you're at home ON YOUR OWN, otherwise people might begin to think you've lost your mind) and by the end of the day you'll only be able to conjure up the most memorable of the melodies you concocted. That's what makes certain tunes memorable: you remember them effortlessly.

Likewise, you may want to try playing an instrument mindlessly, whilst you do something else, as if you were putting your mind on stand-by. Personally, I am a guitar man, but I imagine a piano is far better, as the notes are already there and you do not have to go chasing after them. A simple movement of a single finger will suffice.

Good luck!

Original Question

Does anyone have the sheet music for Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol? For free?
Q. This is like my 6th year of taking piano I'm 13 years old and I'm sick of the same old lame ass songs in my piano book that I hate. I love music and this is like my favorite song and it make me want to practice more if I like the song. I've looked it up and all of the sites say you have to pay for a membership to get it or something like that. I just want this song and maybe an easier version if that's possible? But I want it free thanks an it would mean a lot.

A. It is at these sites(No need to sign up)

e-chords.com

I think it is also at azchords

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Any songs to play for an upcoming concert (on piano)?
Description : Q. I want some recent songs, like popular ones that would sound really nice on the piano. Any suggestions? Songs with rapping doesnt sound ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger