• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord you my sunshine » what are some songs that i could sing that are like stylistically like Bubbly, and in a lower alto range?

what are some songs that i could sing that are like stylistically like Bubbly, and in a lower alto range?

Q. i need to pick a song that i can sing and play chords on the piano for
i like the style of bubbly but i want something different.
i have a lower voice, and i also like jazz
does anyone know any good songs or artists that fit this?

A. you could do pocket full of sunshine. or my dream by DHT actually anything by DHT is pretty good. i'm an alto as well and these songs work well for me. pushing but not out of my range.

Original Question

what are the chords used in "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers?
Q. I'm trying to figure it out on the piano.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A. For guitar chords you could try http://chords.fm/online/web just upload your song and get chords. Not sure if it will help you.

Original Question

Where can I find the sheet music or chords to the first part of "I have confidence" from the sounds of music?
Q. I have the sheet music from when Maria starts singing "I have confidence in sunshine" but I'm looking for the sheet music or chords atleast when she starts "What will this day be like?"

Many thanks

A. Okay, I have good news and bad news. Bad news is that I was unable to find single sheet music with that verse on it (which you probably already looked for anyway). This is copyrighted music, so I did confine my search to the usual legal sources online. I had thought maybe you could search for a complete Broadway score, but unfortunately, since the song was written for the movie, the original theatrical score does not have that particular song in it (though some productions might stick it in somewhere anyway).

However, I do know for certain that song (with the introduction) is in Volume 3 of the Soprano edition of "The Singer's Musical Theatre Anthology", Hal Leonard Publishers. It is in the original show key--or keys, rather (the arrangement has several key changes in it). The vocal range is the B-flat below the middle C to the F on the top line of the treble staff. This makes it singable for the average mezzo-soprano, but if your range requires a lower key, you will have to have someone transpose it down for you.

This anthology is a popular one among singers and voice teachers, so you might want to ask around and see if anyone has one for you to borrow. You might not want or need to buy an entire book for just one song. If you do choose to buy it, you can get it directly from the publisher's website, from local music stores and online sheet music sites, and of course, from Amazon.com. If you do order from Amazon, make sure you read very, very carefully in the description to get the volume you actually need. This anthology comes as paperback alone, paperback with piano accompaniment cds, and piano accompaniment cds alone. It makes a difference which volume you get--volume 3 of the mezzo-soprano/belter edition does not have lower versions of the same songs as the soprano book--all volumes for all voices contain completely different songs.

As much as I recommend this series to people, it might seem I have a financial stake in it somehow. I don't. I just love to sing and happen to own all five volumes of the soprano books as well as all five volumes of the mezzo-soprano/belter books. I have the accompaniment cds for all of them, which is useful for practice. I find the books very helpful for audition material.

Try and see if you can borrow a copy somewhere. Sorry to come off like a spammer.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : what are some songs that i could sing that are like stylistically like Bubbly, and in a lower alto range?
Description : Q. i need to pick a song that i can sing and play chords on the piano for i like the style of bubbly but i want something different. i have...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger