• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord df » Can anybody give me the NOTES (not sheet music) for the piano, Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts?

Can anybody give me the NOTES (not sheet music) for the piano, Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts?

Q. not by Selah! Thanks!! and the chords to please and for the whole song and um... the notes for the words please
like EXAMPLE:
edc#b#df - God bless the broken road
example ONLY
thanks for any and every help

A. try the country category

Original Question

Piano: What chords are in the key of...?
Q. I am taking piano lessons and learning about keys and chords. This is very different from my former classical piano lessons! The issue is the teacher is someone from my church that has never really taught before (its free) but doesn't really lay out any notes (as in the text, not the musical note) for me to follow.

I pieced together that in the Key of C there are 3 chords (at least what she has taught me so far) - they are the C, F, and G, chord in which each C chord = C, E, G the F = F,A,C, and G = G, B, and D.

However, I need help with the others.
What 3 chords are in the following keys?
F
G
A
D

If you know of a good resource (i.e. book or website, I prefer books) please let me know.

A. All right, so, the chords you have found in the key of C, namely, C, F, and G, are the I, IV, and V chords, meaning they are built starting on the first, fourth, and fifth notes in the scale, respectively. Each key actually includes 7 basic chords: I, ii, iii, IV, V, vi, and vii°. You will notice that your favorite three chords are in caps. This is because they are major chords. The ii, iii, and vi are lowercase because they are minor. vii° has a degree sign because that means diminished.

Sorry if all that was a bit dense, I hope you were able to get it.

The I, IV, and V chords in those keys are:
Chord Function Spelling

F
F I FAC
Bb IV BbDF
C V CEG

G
G I GBD
C IV CEG
D V D F# A

D
D I DF#A
G IV GBD
A V A C# E

A
A I A C# E
D IV DF#A
E V E G# B

Notice that when Chord X is the IV of Key Y, Chord Y is the V of Key X.
Also notice that the same chord can have different functions in different keys, but keeps the same spelling.


In future, try making an audio recording of your lessons (with permission, of course) and later transcribing it to act as "notes".

Some good books:
The "For Dummies" series or "Complete Idiot's Guide" series probably have books out that will help you a ton. Look for titles like "Music Theory", "Chord Theory", "Jazz/Blues Chords", "Playing the Piano", "Piano Chords", "Piano Comping", or simply "Music".

The textbook for my AP class was called "Tonal Harmony" and did a great job of breaking things down and making them easy to understand. I can't remember who wrote it, but it was small and blue.


Good luck and keep playing piano!

Original Question

I want to learn to play piano?
Q. I am 14, turning 15 this coming April, and I want to learn how to play the piano. I have been playing the trumpet and guitar for 5 years now, so I am experienced in the art of music. I don't want to have to pay for lessons if I have to.

Is there a way that I can teach myself how to play the piano at my age? I want to learn how to play songs that require two hands like my friends do. I already own a piano, so that's covered. Please post a way that I can learn by myself how to play the piano. It could be a website (preferably), a book, etc. I want to learn as much as I can so I can just read piano music and I will be able to play it (after practice, of course).

I don't want to have to go to a place for lessons or get a teacher, just me teaching myself with whatever help you can offer. Thanks!

A. Sit down at your piano. Press GBD. That's a G major chord. Press FAC. That's an F major chord. Press CEG. That's a C major. DFA is D minor. EGB is E minor. ACE is a minor. BDF is a dimminished chord. It's a little different. AC#E is A major BD#F# is B major (BDF# is B minor). CD#G is C minor. DF#A is D major. EG#B is E major. FA#C is C minor. GB#D is G minor. Start with those chords. Just press them again and again. Gradually experiment with combining different notes. If something sounds crappy don't do it again. If it sounds great keep doing it. Watch different how to play this or that song on Youtube for practice. It takes time but if you know your basic chords it's a lot easier. You don't have to be able to read music to play it but if you want to learn to read music just ask your music teacher for whatever beginner piano books they can loan you. They're boring but if you press through them you will probably learn to read it. I personally cannot read music so I can't guarantee that though.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Can anybody give me the NOTES (not sheet music) for the piano, Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts?
Description : Q. not by Selah! Thanks!! and the chords to please and for the whole song and um... the notes for the words please like EXAMPLE: edc#b#df -...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger