• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord patterns » Piano Jazz Chord Trouble?

Piano Jazz Chord Trouble?

Q. I've been playing classical piano for ten years now, so i'm pretty good. i decided to try out for amis honour jazz band this year, but i dont understand a thing about the chord notation on the audition sheets. can anyone tell me what these mean, coz i'm not used to reading jazz music. (i know the basics like c minor chord and major sevenths and augumented fifths and stuff so if you can explain in those terms please)

C-
F-
D â
G7+9
Bb7
Bb7+
Ebâ
G-
C7
C7+
Fâ
F7
Bb-
Eb7
Ab-
Db7
F#-
B7
E-
A7
D-
G7

thanks

A. C- = C minor (or an implied C minor 7th: C, Eb, G, Bb)

D â = D half-diminished (D, F, Ab, C)

G7+9 = G seventh, sharp nine (G, B, D, F, A#)

Bb7+ = Bb7 with a raised 5th (Bb, D, F#, Ab)

Ebâ = Eb major seventh (Eb, G, Bb, D)

(the others can be figured out from these)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

These are just the bare bones of whatever it is you'll actually be playing on the piano. Better have someone show you some comping patterns! Here's a start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjAq81ok00 (then follow the links)

How soon is the audition?

Original Question

link to piano chords?
Q. can anyone please send me a link of piano chords, and also which is the "sad" tune - major or minor?
thanks i'm just writing a song and i'm just clueless on how to make the lyrics and music up, and for at least now, i'm starting to write a sad song, so i wanted to now if u guys knew anything that could help me? Thanks again

A. Generally minor is thought to be more sad. However, almost all songs have major and minor chords in it.

If you want to write a song similar to what you hear on the radio, you'll want to use a lot of I, IV, and V chords. If you're in the key of C, the I chord is C, the IV chord is F and the V chord is G. If you're in minor, it would be C minor and F minor, but still G major. The V chord of any key is always a major chord.

A typical chord pattern would be I, IV, V, I or I, IV, V, IV, I

Good luck!

Original Question

What are the best Piano Chords to create a Ballad track!?
Q. I want to know what chord region would be best to start in.

A. Several of these best chordal regions (use one chord for each measure, assuming that your ballad is in 4/4 time) are....

C major---A minor---C major---E minor

Or...

C major---F major---E minor---F major

Or....

C major---D minor---F major---E minor

For each pattern, you can repeat the 4-chord progression one or even twice for the verse (s), and then, go to the different pattern for the chorus.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Piano Jazz Chord Trouble?
Description : Q. I've been playing classical piano for ten years now, so i'm pretty good. i decided to try out for amis honour jazz band this yea...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger