• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord d » piano chords??

piano chords??

Q. who knows piano chords here by numbers it's fingering...i don't know how to play it with notes so i prefer to have it on numbers,,not numerals but numbrs..like 2345345367

A. There are numeric ways you can build chords - counting keys.

For example, a major fifth is root note, then 4 keys up, then 3 keys up. (key = half-step)

A minor fifth is root note, then 3 keys up, then 4 keys up.

A 7th is root, then 4 keys, then 3 keys, then 3 keys.

A major 7th is root, then 4 keys, then 3 keys, then 4 keys.

You can use this sort of technique to get your hands used to building the chords - at some point, visual and muscle memory will take over. You may also find it helps to group chords by their hand shapes - e.g. C, F, and G major 5ths are 1-3-5 on the white keys, D, E, and A have the 3rd finger on a black key, and B is weird (3 and 5 are both on black keys).

A major scale is whole whole half whole whole whole half.

A whole step is 2 keys - a half step is 1 key.

Try it out! Whatever technique you use to learn and memorize - practice it!

Original Question

how to convert piano chords into minor?
Q. like I wanna play a song, and I wanna make the chords minor to make it sound darker, but how do I do it. Is there like a way to do such? Help would be great, thanks!

A. You might want to mean a minor progression chord. Yup, it is possible. Converting pieces from major progression(where your main chord is a major) to minor progression(where your main chord is a minor) is a little bit tiresome. But, I'll try to explain this as brief but precise and easy to understand as i could.

The result of converting the major progression depends on what minor scale you would like to use.

The most common scale is the Harmonic Minor on its descending order (I call it personally HMDO). That is, 1 2 â­3 4 5 â­6 â­7 8. Why HMDO? It is because HMDO scales are very similar to Major scales(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8). For example in A minor scale(on HMDO):A-B-C-D-E-F-G-A', just move the first two notes and you'll get the C Major scale!

Legend used: converted to: =>

1.) Ok. Start making a list of the chords that are used.
2.) Identify what is the main/root chord being used. Move or transpose that chord 3 halfsteps/frets(or 1 & 1/2 wholesteps) DOWN . Example: G => E, C => A, D => B, and etc.
3.) Minor that chord. Ex: E =>Em, A => Am, B => Bm, etc. This will later become you root chord.
4.) Look for the fifth chords(if available) from the list. 5th chords are found by moving 4 notes up from the root note of a major scale. For example, if you have a C major chord progression, the major scale therefore is on C scale. That is, C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C'. Moving 4 notes from the root note which is C, we get G. Another one is, if you have an F major chord progression, the major scale therefore is on F scale. That is, F-G-A-Bb-C-D-E-F'. Moving 4 notes from the root note which is F, we get C.
5.) OPTIONALLY, move or transpose that chord(i refer to the 5th chord) down 3 halfsteps/frets. For example: D => B, G =>E and etc. So why optionally? Doing this step will make your chord progression more darker and 'minorer' to listen. But, if this results to a terrible sound/output, leave this step. Sometimes, you can also play either the natural 5th chord or the transposed 5th chord on one song. There are song that really have this type of progression.
6.) Leave the other chords as is. Don't change anything on them but if you think that you must have to do something on those chords, just do it. There's no NOs in music. Your style, your music!
7.) That's all, You're now have the converted minor progression chord
Those are the basics of transposing major progressions to minor progressions. And lastly, Experiment!


That's all for not now. Hope i helped.

Original Question

What is a D/A chord, on piano?
Q. What does it mean when two chords are written like that? On piano, how do I play a D/A?

A. You play a D chord with a root A, so you would probably play a d chord with the right hand and an A note with the bottom hand. or you could just play the notes A D F# A.

Whenever you have a note with a slash, you just play the first chord and make the second note the root (or bass) of the chord

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : piano chords??
Description : Q. who knows piano chords here by numbers it's fingering...i don't know how to play it with notes so i prefer to have it on numbers...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger