• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » d9 piano chord » How do you play a D/C chord for piano?

How do you play a D/C chord for piano?

Q. Im just turning from keyboard to piano.
People have said the first note is the chord and the second note is the base. But their isnt a C in a D note.
I just need to know how to play that note.
this is the piece music
http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd.asp?ppn=MN0059629

A. This is a way they write chords in jazz. Jazz uses notes that aren't in the chord. It means play a D triad in the left hand (D, F#, A) and a C triad in the right hand (C, E, G). This adds up to a D9/11, which is to say, a D chord with an 11, a 9, and a flat 7. They write it D/C because some find it easier to think of it as two simple chords than to think of it as one complicated chord. To make it easier you could play a D7 with your left hand, (D, F#, A, C). Usually when you see these compound chords (as they're called) you can just play the chord on the left, in this case the D.
Good luck!

Original Question

What is a D9/6 guitar chord?
Q. I'm just beginning to play the guitar and I don't know how to play a D9/6 chord. Does someone know where I could get a picture of the frets and stuff for this chord or can someone describe it to me? That'd be great, thanks.

A. I think you mean a D9add6 chord. A Ninth chord is a chord with the major triad as well as a flat 7. On the piano, sometimes its just played as a third, 7th, and 9th. So a D9 on a piano would be the F#, C, and E. You add the 6th to get the D9add6, which would be the F#, B, C, and E.

See the link below for a chord chart for guitar.

Original Question

e a a# d does anyone know the name of this chord? the d is after the octave(13th)?
Q. the chord is moveable, and played on piano. thanks.

A. It would help to know the context, such as the key, the chord before and after. is this from jazz, classical or modern music?
Is it possible any of these notes are non-chord tones, and that there are other notes that are chord tones?

in tonal music we don't usually have chords with two notes of the same name. but If we do in fact have the notes you stated then respell the a# as Bb then I'd call this D9 flat 13 with omitted third. this is unlikely unless we're talking about jazz, and even then you usually have a third in the chord.
If E is the root then we'd have a quartal seventh chord.

but I tend to think a# respelled as Bb is the root,
so it's most likely: Bb Maj7 11

in pitch class set theory we'd call this chord [0278] but this kind of analysis isn't very useful outside of modern music.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do you play a D/C chord for piano?
Description : Q. Im just turning from keyboard to piano. People have said the first note is the chord and the second note is the base. But their isnt a C...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger