• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord ideas » I need a combination of piano chords that sound sad. Any ideas?

I need a combination of piano chords that sound sad. Any ideas?

Q. I'm trying to compose a song and I would like to use a lot of minor chords. However, I'm a little stuck. I've got a bad case of writer's block and I'm looking for some assistance. I don't need a melody, just a list of possible combinations of chords that I could use to make the song sound sad and/or dark. Any ideas??

A. I don't know what key you're in, so I'll give you some in the key of Am, which has no sharps or flats (unless you add some). See if any of these work for you.

If you want the chords in another key, use

http://www.autotransposer.com/transpose/

It's easy and free. (You'll need to remove the bar lines because the transposer doesn't understand them.)
__

Am |Dm |Em |Em |

Am |Am/G |FM7 |FM7 |

Am |Dm |Esus4 |E |

Dm7 |Am |Em7 |Dm7 |

Am |Bm7b5 |Dm/E |E7 |

Am |Am/C |Dm7 |FM7 |

Am |CM7 |Dsus4 |D |

Am |E |FM7 |Dm7 |

Original Question

PIano chords help please!?
Q. Im trying to learn a song. The chords are pretty basic but there are some that I don't know and im on a piano chord website but I cant seem to find it. Bear with me. The chords are written as:
D7-5
G7
theres also one that says G+ but im not sure if that's just a typo or if that's an actual thing,.
Anyway I have no idea what these mean seeing as I taught myself everything I know when I was young and never had proper lessons or training. Any help would be lovely
Thank you!

A. Whether you're playing piano or any other instrument, the names and notes in a chord are the same.
G7 = G-B-D-F
G+ (G augmented) = G-B-D#
I haven't run across D7-5 before, but I'm pretty sure the -5 means to flat the 5 note.....so it could also be called D7b5 which would be: D-F#-G#-C

Original Question

Memorizing piano chords?
Q. My piano teacher is making me memorize all major and minor chords on the piano by sound. So next week, wednesday to be exact, he will test me to see if I know all 24 chords by sound. Any ideas as to how I can do this?

A. Try this... Start with a minor chord. Play the block form of the chord (all three pitches at the same time) and speak the quality of chord out loud. Then play the same minor chord in the broken form. Do this slowly and sing each pitch you play from root to third to fifth. You can use "la" or sing the names of the pitches (C - E flat - G), etc. Repeat this process with each major chord. Either way, speaking and singing while you play will help your brain reinforce what your ear is hearing and your fingers are feeling. It might seem a bit strange at first, but the more senses you involve (sight, hearing, touch, singing, etc) the better your chances of memorizing these chords. Hope this helps!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : I need a combination of piano chords that sound sad. Any ideas?
Description : Q. I'm trying to compose a song and I would like to use a lot of minor chords. However, I'm a little stuck. I've got a bad case...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • chords on the piano, what are they?
    Q. i do play the piano, but i kinda just play by ear etc, and i don't know chords at all. is there a list anywhere? im playing a piece ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger