• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord hand positions » What is the proper left-hand fingering for the chord, Bb(sus4), in root position on piano?

What is the proper left-hand fingering for the chord, Bb(sus4), in root position on piano?

Q.

A. The sus chord is generally assumed to include a 7th and has a dominant function so:

Bb - Eb-F-Ab would best be played with 5-3-2-1

Without the 7th, (the Ab) 5-2-1 -- but this robs the chord of some of its color

Often it is played without the 5th (the F in this case) so 5-2-1
But this takes the dissonant bite out of it.

Original Question

Proper hand positions when playing piano?
Q. I've been looking online and they all seem to have different opinions- should I press a piano key with my finger pad or my finger tip (like the very tip)? I've been playing with my hands curved but pressing my finger pads against the keys and it feels unnatural to play with the tips of my fingers. Any help would be appreciated!

A. This is a highly contentious issue in pedagogical circles. Ideally, the piano keys should be depressed with the finger tips, which is find if the notes are close together. However, as soon as you have to spread your fingers, this become nigh on impossible and you have to use your pads. I guess this means there is no hard and fast rule... in general, use your finger tips when you can which enables you to maintain a curved hand position. However, this is difficult when playing wide chords or octaves. Playing with your hands flat and using the pads of your fingers makes articulation difficult.

Original Question

how to get better finger flexibility? Piano?
Q. when i play piano there are some chords i can't play because my fingers cant get the right position. also my pinky and ring finger hurt after a while. and help me with my control. my sister says i play too hard.

A. put your hand together like you're going to pray, all fingers straight and lined up. start with your pointer fingers only and bend them down like you're folding your hands together. then alternate which side they go to. do that for every finger, trying to keep all other fingers still. sometimes you can put your hands low near your stomach and it really stretches your fingers.(flexibility.) then take your finger and thumb like you're going to flick something then pull hard, thus stretching the finger muscle. do that with every finger.(strength) another, tapping your fingers. put your hand on a table and take turn tapping each finger as fast as you can.(speed)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What is the proper left-hand fingering for the chord, Bb(sus4), in root position on piano?
Description : Q. A. The sus chord is generally assumed to include a 7th and has a dominant function so: Bb - Eb-F-Ab would best be played with 5-3-2-1 ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • chord progressions for enhancing improv skills?
    Q. I'm a guitarist and I'm trying to work on my improv skills. I'm looking for some chord progressions to practice over that ar...
  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Chord Progressions??
    Q. If I have the right thing.. when writing a song on the piano, and you're in a specific key - for example let's say we're in ...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • Does anyone know where i can get a free piano chord sheets for Poker Face?
    Q. So im looking online and if you could, please put a link for a site you may find them on, cuz im not having and luck. thanks! A. D ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What notes should i play on the piano to create a gloomy song?
    Q. I'm completely fresh to playing a piano. I know where the notes on the keyboard are located... i was wanting to play something incre...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • What the heck is this PIANO CHORD?
    Q. when you take C chord, and you know you got your 1st, 3rd, and 5th keys hit from that C, when you take your 3rd key and go up a half ste...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger