• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » d2 piano chord » Would bass guitar work with piano bass notes?

Would bass guitar work with piano bass notes?

Q. Hi. I wrote a song on piano but would like to throw drums and bass in the mix. I don't know if it's a good idea because piano line already has bass notes with the chords (around D2-D3). Any thoughts?

A. Adding bass guitar to a piano song will work just fine.

You could simply have the bass guitar double the bass notes of the piano part to strengthen it, or you could harmonize with it.

Something I like to do with guitar and bass parts is play the root and fifth on the guitar (which is a power chord) and adding a major or minor third to it with the bass (making a full chord)

Example: If I'm playing a D5 power chord on the guitar (D and A), I might add an F# to it to form a full D major chord with 2 different instruments. Or I could add an F and make it a D minor.

Lots of stuff you can do with multiple instruments. Play around with it.

Original Question

Can anyone tell me how to play these piano chords???? They are D/G, A/C# and D2/F#.?
Q. I have looked online everywhere and I cannot find them! Please help!

A. That notation means an X chord with a Y bass note. So D/G means a D major chord (D F# A) with a G in the bass (left hand), and likewise with the other chords. I'm guessing D2 means D major with an E in there too.

Original Question

What notes are in a C2 chord?
Q. I'm a piano girl, that's why I'm asking this. But I'm trying to play some music now that would normally be for a guitar. You know, like this one? http://www.higherpraise.com/lyrics/awesome/awesome4885.html

But...On my list of chords-http://chordlookup.com/piano.aspx A C2 Chord is not listed. Or D2 or E2...etc

Can you help me?

A. C2 is not a proper chord name, the reason is because it isn't clear what it's supposed to be.

It's either Csus2, which has the notes C D and G, or C add 9 which has the notes C E G and D. It's likely C add 9... lots of those praise songs use that sound lot (in fact, they overuse it, it's pretty cliche)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Would bass guitar work with piano bass notes?
Description : Q. Hi. I wrote a song on piano but would like to throw drums and bass in the mix. I don't know if it's a good idea because piano li...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger