• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » bsus piano chord » what are sus and 2nd chords?

what are sus and 2nd chords?

Q. ok, some im starting a praise band for my youth group and i play guitar. ive played for about 2 1/2 years, but i cant learn any of the songs because the chords are really wierd. theyre like, c2 and Bsus. what are they? help please!

A. Chester is correct.

It's incomplete for a chord to read "Bsus". It should say Bsus2 or Bsus4. And C2 should read Cadd2. Suspended chords are used extensively in today's Christian rock music, so if you're not familiar with them, get a chord book or chart. Sometimes suspended chords are played against major chords; that is, the piano might be playing a G chord, while the guitar is playing a Gsus4 against it, or a riff from the notes of a Gsus4. It's not a bad clash but it takes some getting used to, at least for someone of my generation (almost 50). It's actually kind o' cool.

The tune I linked is an example of a sus chord riff being played against a major chord, especially at the chorus, around 1 minute in. One guitar is playing an E chord-based riff that alternates between A and G#, giving it a back-and-forth between Esus4 and E major. It gently clashes with the other instruments, making the song a bit more edgy.

Original Question

is there such chord as C#sus?
Q. or is it impossible or no such thing as a sharp suspended chord? cause i haven't heard of any, i transposed a song and the Bsus became a C#sus. and it just looks wrong. help me

A. Yep, it exists.

Here it is for guitar:
http://guitarwebapp.com/index.php?md=4&rn=9&ct=5&fm=0

And for piano:
http://www.piano-lessons-info.com/chart-of-piano-chords.html

I'm a pretty mediocre guitarist so I don't play chords like this if I can help it. If you're playing a guitar you might try using a capo to transpose.

Original Question

Does anyone know the chords for The Fray's new song, "Enough for Now"?
Q. If anyone, can post the piano chords somewhere, or even just give them to me and I can figure out how to play them it would be great because it is like my new favorite song

A. Opening: Eb minor-Bsus2-F#
Eb minor-C#-B

...Same with the verse

Chorus: Eb minor-C# (F bass)-F#-Bsus-C#-Eb minor- B

That's pretty much it, I figured it out this afternoon on the piano

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : what are sus and 2nd chords?
Description : Q. ok, some im starting a praise band for my youth group and i play guitar. ive played for about 2 1/2 years, but i cant learn any of the s...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger