• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord g2 » I want to sing higher. HELP!!?

I want to sing higher. HELP!!?

Q. My vocal range is G2-G#5 (Chest & mixed voice) my highest falsetto note is f5. I want to be able to sing at least Bb5

A. First, do not strain yourself to reach that high in one day. That will damage your vocal chords, and you will no longer be able to hit even your lower falsetto range. Second, I would try different excersises. Get a piano app for your phone or tablet and sing along to it, each day working higher and higher. Just practice, and don't get stressed if you don't make it there the first day, or the first week, your body is your body and will take some adjusting.

Original Question

'my old man' in chorus at 'dont dilly dally on the way' looks impossible as F2 is held and up to a C3 played?
Q. The handbook indicates that my keyboard has 'sostenuto' which looks as though it might solve this problem (I'd need to buy and plug in a footswitch though). I think the switch would enable me to sustain the offending right hand F root chord and leave my right hand free to reach the high C (without sustain). I'm not to familiar with the mechanical piano - would a piano sostenuto pedal do this anyway, making this bit of old song play as written? Although dont they usually put 'Ped' if you have to do this?

A. The sostenuto pedal pedal on an acoustic piano holds notes that you have pressed and held while engaging the pedal. The middle pedal of many upright acoustic pianos engages a mute rail rather than a sostenuto. Some pianos, both upright and grand, operate a bass sustain that lifts the dampers from the strings below the treble break.

Unless you're noting the octaves wrong, F2 and C3 are easily reached; a fifth apart (F2 G2 A3 B3 C3) If there is greater interval (C4 - middle C) you might be able to pull that key with the thumb of the right hand. Or you could just use the sustain pedal (unless the rest of the piece is written to be staccato.

Other than that, yeah, get a stostenuto pedal for your piano. Though you'll get much more use out of it as a una corda.

... I see I need to peddle some dictionaries to the answer gang.

Original Question

How can one expand their vocal range?
Q. I know that this question was asked before, but I never really saw a satisfactory answer.

I was wondering, how does a male (20 years old) go about expanding his vocal range so that he can hit higher notes without going into falsetto AND expand the falsetto range, both higher and lower.

Now, with that being said, how can one accomplish that WITHOUT : Going to a coach, having to pay for a CD, having to pay for a BOOK, or anything that involves money.

I dont know what it means when people say practice 'scales', what are scales? Where can they be found and hear? and how does that even make your voice expand? Becuase I think i heard a few scales, and they are like, in the mid range, and i dont see how practicing mid range stuff can help your upper range.

Also, for hypothetical purposes, lets suppose that I have PERfect breathing and posture.

Please do not say " go to an instructor, it's the only way" because i KNOw there are other ways because htere exists books on this.

A. First off, use a piano, and find out your lowest cold note. Don't stretch, warmup, or anything, just blow it deep as you can. Then:

The best way to stretch down low is to do drop-down scales, where let's say you start at an A scale, and go:

A G F# E D# C# B A

Then drop down to Ab scale, and go:

Ab G F Eb Db C Bb Ab

Follow along on the piano to make it feel better, and sound right. Work your way all the way down, and find your warm-bottom note. This will be the note you can hit with some warm up, but not a whole stretch.

Then, for your deepest of the deep, get in the shower in the morning/evening, and point the warm/hot-as-you-can-stand water at your vocal chords to get them loose. After that, give your hot-bottom note.

**Ignore the next paragraph if you breathing/posture are perfect**
What will help you get more strength in these low notes is to point your chin against the top of your ribcage (stretch the length of the pipes,) sing from your upper chest, not your head, and practice every single day. Also, sing in the morning, when your chords are rested, and NEVER strain yourself, don't push your limit.
**Resume on the next paragraph if you breathing/posture are perfect**

My cold low note is a C2, which means that, below middle C on the piano, I can hit the C two octaves below. My warm low note is a B3, and my hot low note is between A3 and Bb3.

Starting from the middle C, examples of lowest notes would be this:

B0 (Down half a tone... The first B from middle C)
Db0 (12 half tones from middle C)
C1 (one whole octave from middle C) [The first C from middle C)
G2 (one whole octave plus a perfect forth from middle C) [The second G from middle C]
C2 (two whole octaves from middle C) [The second C from middle C]
Best of luck, if you have any questions whatsoever, vote me best answer, and put them in the user response box, and I'll be happy to email you for more assistance,

Aaron

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : I want to sing higher. HELP!!?
Description : Q. My vocal range is G2-G#5 (Chest & mixed voice) my highest falsetto note is f5. I want to be able to sing at least Bb5 A. First, do ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • where can i find the piano chords for a song called So Much Love by The Rocket Summer??
    Q. A. verses are [Em7] to [Am7] pre chorus is [Em7] [D/F#] [G] [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 chorus is [Am7] [G/B] [C]2 [G] [Am7] the bridge ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Piano chords in the key of E???
    Q. Ok, so what chords are in the key of E in piano if you are making a song. If it is just E chords, why is it different for guitar? The ch...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How do you play piano chords??!!?
    Q. I'm a beginner and teaching myself how to play Keyboard/Piano. I've borrowed so many books on the subject but can't figure o...
  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • All about singing... and other things . ;)?
    Q. From what I know I'm a good singer (i think.) I'm 16 years old and i'm a female. I always wanting singing lessons but could ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger