• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » pop piano chord progressions » Is it possible to become a good piano player without truly knowing the theory behind it?

Is it possible to become a good piano player without truly knowing the theory behind it?

Q. Like, I am starting to get the hang of reading music, and knowing chords. but all the theory stuff is so boring to me. I taught myself how to play the guitar and i consider myself to be a pretty good guitar player although i dont know scales and stuff. But if i learn how to read music, and memorize chords, do you think I can pretty much get by and be good enough to be a good piano player?
i want to be a recording artist someday and produce my music. My style of music is an indie pop style.

A. It's possible but most good piano players do know scales and chord progressions. I suppose some pianists can read difficult music and play it without knowing whether they are playing a IV chord or a V chord or whatever.

Original Question

What are some good Rihanna songs to play with a piano and guitar?
Q. I know of Unfaithful and Take a bow, any else?

and if not what about some modern music that includes piano and guitar?

cheers. :)

A. Umbrella would be kinda cool i guess. the beat is good, and the piano is okay. check out guitar tabliture sites, they usually have pop songs transposed to guitar, some might have the just the lead melody, but most will usually write out the chord progression that the song follows.

Original Question

How can some piano players play a song without ever hearing it before?
Q. I've met a few piano players that you can walk up to and ask them if they can play a certain pop song and when they say no they ask you how does it go.
So you sing a bit of it and boom they are playing it.
I know most pop songs have the chord progression I- V- IV or I - V - vi - IV.
I am wondering when you sing the song to him is he just listening to the rythmn of the song and applies that rythmn with the chord progression ?

A. The chord progression has more to do with the notes in the melody than the rhythm of the song. So I think they pretty much listen to the whole thing together, focusing on the melody because the melody is often merely an outline of the chord progression. Most pop songs have very simple, repetitive rhythms, esp compared to the music classical piano players master, so those wouldn't be tricky.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Is it possible to become a good piano player without truly knowing the theory behind it?
Description : Q. Like, I am starting to get the hang of reading music, and knowing chords. but all the theory stuff is so boring to me. I taught myself h...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger