• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » notes g piano chord » How do you convert guitar chords to Piano notes?

How do you convert guitar chords to Piano notes?

Q. I am needing to know how to convert guitar chords to piano notes. I need to know how to do this because sometimes when our band plays music we can only find guitar chords and i need the notes for piano. like i need these guitar chords as piano notes. (G#5, C5, A#5, D#5)

A. Well, there are two ways -

the first is to find the chord on your guitar and find the notes that each finger is on. So, using your G#5 chord - your index finger is on the 4th fret, low E string, your ring finger is on the 6th fret, A string. So you count up on the guitar itself - G# on the pointer, D# on the ring. So, the G#5 chord is G# and D#. You will need to know the chord shapes to do this, as well as the step differences between notes to count right.

The second is to use music theory. Every chord (with the exception of power chords) uses 3 or more notes. The most basic chord is called a triad. It consists of a root note, 3rd, and 5th. If you know the scale that you are using, find the note you want, then move up two notes for your 3rd, and another for your 5th. For example, lets say your are in the key of G major and I needed to know the Amin chord. The scale is G A B C D E F# G. So i'd start on A, my 3rd would be C and my 5th would be E. ACE. For "5"/power chords, do the same thing, but only count the 5th note. So, your C5 would be a C and a G.

The above method ONLY works if you use notes and chords inside of a scale. An example of how this won't work - in the G major scale, the "A" chord is minor, or Amin. If you were to try to use this for the AMaj chord, you would get the wrong notes.

For the triads, there is another way to find the notes: the fifth is always 7 half-steps from the root. In a minor chord, the 3rd is 3 half-steps away from the root. In a major chord, the 3rd is 4 steps from the root. For example, you'd find the Gmaj chord like this: the root, G, would be zero.......1-g# 2-a 3-a# 4-B......B is your major 3rd. 1-g# 2-a 3-a# 4-b 5-c 6-c# 7-D.......D your 5th. Your GMajor chord is GBD.

If I confused you - I'm sorry. Music theory is not the easiest thing to explain or understand. It is all mathematics and rules.......way too many rules to explain w/o writing a book.

Original Question

How to play piano chords with both hands?
Q. I bought a book that has 360 piano chords but most of them only show with your right hand. So how do you play both your right and left hand at the same time for a chord. I am trying to learn when i look at you by miley cyrus but with one hand it doesn't sound right.

A. A C major chord has the notes C - E - G right?

Well... ANY combination of those notes is still a C major chord. You could play two C's and a G in your left hand and two E's and a G in your right. You could play C - E - G in the left and another C - E - G in the right... it doesn't matter. It's still the same chord.

Same goes for every other chord.

Original Question

What are the notes/ fingerings for these arpeggios on piano?
Q. What are the notes for C major C minor G major F major A minor D minor? Please help by telling me the notes or directing me to a website about piano chords, arpeggios or broken chords.

A. Arpeggios , as I'm sure you know are the notes of a chord played consecutively rather than together. So for C major you would play (going up the scale)
C E G C,
then back down the scale.
C minor
C Dsharp F
G major
G B D
F major
F A C
A minor
A C E
D minor
D F A
The fingerings for arpeggios are (right hand) thumb, 3rd finger, little finger 3rd finger, thumb.
or thumb, 3rd finger, thumb little finger, thumb, 3rd finger thumb.
Here are some useful sites (be sure to look at other pages than the ones directly linked.)
http://www.free-online-piano-lessons.com/arpeggios.html
http://8notes.com/resources/notefinders/piano_chords.asp
and for some fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AOEHW2SfWA
Happy playing.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do you convert guitar chords to Piano notes?
Description : Q. I am needing to know how to convert guitar chords to piano notes. I need to know how to do this because sometimes when our band plays mu...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger