• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord jazz » What's the best system for memorizing piano chords and their inversions?

What's the best system for memorizing piano chords and their inversions?

Q. It seems such a difficult task to memorize all piano chords and their inversions. I'm going at it slowly, as I learn new pieces. Is there any systematic way to learn them faster? (I am studying mostly jazz voicings, open voicings etc....not your normal root 3 5 chords.) Thanks!

A. There isn't a system that I know...I didn't really learn by memorizing inversions though.
If you know anyone that plays, it's really helpful to get out a few real books and play together. That's what I did, and it's paid off (literally)

Original Question

How exactly do I solo on a piano in Jazz?
Q. I am learning to play jazz and when we get to the solo part I am suppose to solo. The problem, I have no idea what scale I am suppose to solo on or even what notes are in that scale? Am I suppose to just hit random notes? Also, How do I keep playing the chords in Jazz piano when I have to focus on soloing.
One more question: What makes a good solo, a good solo? Any tips on soloing and keeping the rhythm of the chords at the same time?

A. This one has the sheet muse for Coltrane's sax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kotK9FNEYU

Thelonious Monk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKvVKsJ8sk4&feature=related

Dave Brubeck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faJE92phKzI&feature=related


Don't concentrate so much as when your suppose to come in. When it's your time, hear nothing but YOU.

You will be fine. Listen & Learn. Music comes out of the soul not out of note scales.

Original Question

where can i get jazz piano chords from jazz songs?
Q. any websites (besides 8notes.com) that have the chords or riffs to jazz songs like "moondance" or something like that?

A. You can google the phrase "The Real Book free".

The other poster gave you an invaluable site for identifying chords and learning to play them, but the main riffs and chord progressions of Jazz standards can be found in The Real Book, volumes 1-3. I would highly recommend just buying the books... they get used A LOT and pay for themselves after the first couple uses... not to mention that musicians still get paid *nudge nudge*!

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Book-Hal-Leonard-Corporation/dp/0634060384

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What's the best system for memorizing piano chords and their inversions?
Description : Q. It seems such a difficult task to memorize all piano chords and their inversions. I'm going at it slowly, as I learn new pieces. I...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger