• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord lessons » Is it possible to learn to play the piano by ear?

Is it possible to learn to play the piano by ear?

Q. I've been taking piano lessons for 12 yrs... since 1st grade. Would it be possible to learn to play by ear or is that just something some people can do and some can't? And if so, then how can I learn to play by ear?

A. You need to develop a sense of relative pitch, something we are all born with but most of us begin to lose by 5-6 years of age because we develop a different sense of learning at that point. Relative pitch is being able to hear each note as a specific color rather than just being higher or lower and heard as a different shade. This ability can be developed with ear training. Try listening to a catchy melody and then plinking it out on the keyboard. Also learn to play a learned melody in different keys. There are free programs available on the net that test your ability to identify important intervals like major and minor 3rds and 5ths that make up chords. Eventually the ear training will develop enough to make you comfortable to play by ear.

Original Question

How hard is it to teach yourself piano?
Q. I've had piano lessons before (for a few months) and I still have all the books. I'm wanting to teach myself piano and i'm wondering how hard is it? Should i just get private lessons so i don't screw up my technique?

A. Well are you wanting to play professional or are you just wanting to know how to play your favorite songs?
You can do it yourself. 8 months ago i knew nothing about piano. I am completely self-taugh. Here are a few of the sites i use to help me. The second link is where i get some of my sheet music. The other two help teach you chords and other things.

Original Question

What current pop songs are easy to play on piano?
Q. I only had one year of piano lessons so I can't play songs with a lot of notes off the staff because they are hard to move my fingers to.

A. One More Night by Maroon 5.

It's seriously only 3 chords that are played in the same pattern throughout the whole song. It may be harder if you wanted to learn the vocal on piano as well, (but you don't have to.) You can master this in like 2 minutes.

One Direction song are all pretty easy as well I believe.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Is it possible to learn to play the piano by ear?
Description : Q. I've been taking piano lessons for 12 yrs... since 1st grade. Would it be possible to learn to play by ear or is that just something...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • Can someone tell me the piano chords for don't let me be lonely?
    Q. Hello, I attended a summer camp for adult visually impaired campers and really liked it, so I want to go back next year. They usually ha...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger