• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord dm » I need major and minor chords that go well together?

I need major and minor chords that go well together?

Q. I'm writing a song for piano.
And I need a chord that is major and another chord that is minor.
I want to start out the song in major, transition to minor, then transition back to the original major key. Any suggestions?

A. C , F , Dm , Am , G , C.

variations around the becoming a C7 , follwed by FMAG 7, can be good too

one of my favoutite progressions/ compositions/ likes

Original Question

What key/chords should I use when writing my first song on the piano?
Q. I love music and I really want to write songs. I'm still a little fuzzy though on how to do it. So what key would be best for me to use when writing a song? It needs to be relatively simple. And can you specify which chords to use as well? All help is appreciated. Thanks.

A. C Major yes. C D E F G A B C
And the chords would be C Dm Em F G7 Am Bdiminished
Write 8 bars with the first chord as a C, then use the other six in whatever order you think sounds best. This will be your chorus
Then start the next section either on F or Am and again arrange the chords in the order you think they should go in and write another eight bars. This will be your chorus.

Have fun
Cat

Original Question

How do I transpose from one key to another?
Q. Okay so I play Euphonium which is in the key of B flat (I play in treble) . I'm trying to transpose a piano piece that's in the key of B (five sharps), but nothing seems to be working. Please help!

A. Bb major to B major here is the chords from Bb to B

Bbmaj ------------- Bmaj
Cm -------------- C#m
Dm ---------------D#m
Ebmaj -----------------Emaj
F7 -----------------F#7
Gm ---------------G#m
Adim ---------------A#dim

Basically the chord remains the same, being a major minor dim or dom just move the pitch a semitone

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : I need major and minor chords that go well together?
Description : Q. I'm writing a song for piano. And I need a chord that is major and another chord that is minor. I want to start out the song in majo...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger