• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » gb piano chord » How to find a diminished 7th chord on the Piano?

How to find a diminished 7th chord on the Piano?

Q. Please give me the diminished 7th chord on the piano for C.

Thank you.

A. On C a diminished 7th chord would be

C - Eb - Gb - Bbb (B double-flat, in other words, A natural)

C - Eb - Gb - A natural

A diminished 7th chord is simpyl all minor 3rds (one whole step and one half step each). How it's spelled (the note names) depends on the role in which the chord is functioning

Original Question

What is a Gflat augmented7 on the piano?
Q. also what is a Bflat 9t, could you spell out the chord for me? its written wierd.

A. It is a Gb aug chord with a minor 7th added to it: Gb Bb D Fb

B flat 9 (is the "t" a mistake?) is Bb D F Ab C
(there is also Bb add9 = Bb D F C)

Original Question

Can someone help me with this chord voicing?
Q. Cm7(b5)/G

If it was just Cm7/G I know it would be voiced like this (high to low down the page):

Eb
C
Bb
G

Do I add a flat 5 (Gb) to the top, to the bottom or do I assume a flatted root G of the second inversion??
I meant high to low notes, rather than strings. It's a piano voicing I'm trying to figure out.

A. Yes, add the Gb to the top. The G bass is a natural G.

And Leftie, I didn't give you the thumbs down, but you're just wrong. Look at your answer. The voicing you gave does NOT include a Gb.

In addition, a m7b5 is NOT THE SAME a min 6th chord with the min6 on the 6th string. A flatted fifth and a minor 6th are two different notes.

"The melodic flatted fifth (flat 5) is formed by playing two notes that are six steps apart on the piano. This interval is very dissonant sounding. In the middle ages, music theorists called this interval the "devil in music".

"The melodic minor sixth (m6) is formed by playing notes that are eight steps apart on the piano. This interval is quite dissonant and is very active sounding. This is a very wide interval and is used infrequently in melodies."

http://www.songtrellis.com/concepts/interval

Kabum

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to find a diminished 7th chord on the Piano?
Description : Q. Please give me the diminished 7th chord on the piano for C. Thank you. A. On C a diminished 7th chord would be C - Eb - Gb - Bbb (B dou...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • Can someone tell me the piano chords for don't let me be lonely?
    Q. Hello, I attended a summer camp for adult visually impaired campers and really liked it, so I want to go back next year. They usually ha...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger