• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » what is bm piano chord » How to play this chord on the piano?

How to play this chord on the piano?

Q. A song I want to play on the piano has the chord Bm/D. I'm pretty sure it's a guitar chord but I think it can be played on the piano, right? Can anybody tell me the notes and the order they go in? Thanks!

A. Bm/D is simply B-D-F# with an added bass D note.

Original Question

Can you please give me the piano chords for Through It All by Hillsong United?
Q. I really, really need it for school. Just a simple one will do. I don't know how to read guitar chords/ tabs so i cannot translate it. PLEASE.

A. Will this work? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/h/hillsongs/through_it_all_crd.htm Technically, they're guitar chords, but chords are built the same way. Just know how the chords are built.

G: G-B-D
D/F#: D-F#-A (with an added bass F#)
Emsus (Basically Em): E-G-B
C9 (or C2): C-D-E-G
D: D-F#-A
Bm: B-D-G#

Original Question

How do notes on the piano relate to notes on guitar when using a capo?
Q. I'm trying to play a song on guitar with the capo on the second fret with the chords F, Am, G, and E. I don't fluently play piano so I don't know much about it. If I was trying to play those chords on the piano to match the ones played with a capo, what should I do differently? It just doesn't sound right.

A. When you use the capo, you raise the chords by a half step for each fret. That means that the F chord you're fingering actually is G on a piano..or even the guitar for that matter. If you move each of your chords up two frets, they become:
F â G
Am â Bm
G â A
E â F#

Do you understand what the capo does? It allows you to change key without changing the fingering of the chords. For convenience, we often refer to the capoed chords as "shapes" rather than chords. The F "shape" that you're playing with the capo on the second fret is really no longer an F. The capo converted it to a G. If you moved the capo up one fret, the same F shape would become a G#. I don't know if I made this any clearer or not.....it's always a bit difficult to explain.

Anyway, your piano chords should be G, Bm, A and F#

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How to play this chord on the piano?
Description : Q. A song I want to play on the piano has the chord Bm/D. I'm pretty sure it's a guitar chord but I think it can be played on the p...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger