• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord reference » How can i find chords for songs i want to remix?

How can i find chords for songs i want to remix?

Q. I have been working a bit in FL studio with producing and moved on to remixing. I have a lot of acapella versions of songs but cant build a proper bassline because i can only find the guitar chords for the songs. Does anyone know what to do when trying to create a bassline out of guitar chords or know any good sites for referencing piano chords for different songs?

A. You can always mess around making your own baselines; The beauty of FL Studio is that you can create/delete and recreate notes quickly.

You might even learn a thing or two about piano chords!

Original Question

What beginning piano series works best for teaching piano?
Q. I have taken piano for 20 years myself, and have recently stopped taking lessons because I had a child. I'd like to actually begin teaching lessons myself. Can anyone suggest a series of books that might be good for this purpose? I have been playing material of my choice for years and am out of touch with the latest lesson, theory, and technique books. Does anyone that teaches piano have a suggestion? Thank you!

A. There's a series of books by KENNETH BAKER called THE COMPLETE PIANO PLAYER

If you've played before you might want to go to a shop to look at them before you buy them. I'd suggest you only get books 2 and 3. They'll explain the basics to you of modern playing. The best theory books to get are by DULCIE HOLLAND the books are called MASTER YOUR THEORY. You'll need books 1 2 & 3. Don't bother with the higher level stuff, that goes into history and writing for other instrumentslike flute etc... These are actually workbooks and they''re pretty good.

Unfortunately, there aren't any theory books out there with EVERYTHING in them, it's really only basic stuff. I could write books about the stuff thats not in any books...

You might also want to get yourself a scale manual: SIMPSONS SCALE MANUAL has EVERYTHING IN IT!!! And I mean everything.

And a book with pictures of piano chords for referencing.

When you combine the four together, you should be able to play straight from sheetmusic or song books with competency.

All the best.
Cat

Original Question

How to play i run to you by lady antebellum by ear on piano?
Q. Hello,
I know there are probably sim1lar questions on here, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me how i would go about learning to play i run to you by lady antebellum on the piano by ear. What chords form the building blocks for this song, it's in e flat major. I have been taking piano since 1999 and i would love to play this song for a recital.

A. The best way I've found to learn songs by ear is to listen to a recording of it, over and over, until you can sing, hum, or whistle it accurately, from memory without reference to the recording.

You already know what key the recording is in (Eb major). If you've been playing piano since 1999, you should already know what chords are in the key of Eb, I hope:

I -- Eb
Ii -- Fm
Iii -- Gm
IV -- Ab
V -- Bb
Vi -- Cm
Vii -- D dim

....Where the I, IV and V chords are the most commonly used chords in any major key, so the Eb, Ab and Bb chords are the ones most likely to be used in this song. In all likelihood, the song starts on a I chord (Eb) -- most songs do -- so start on the Eb chord and start singing. At some point, the Eb chord will no longer harmonize with the melody you're singing, and you'll have to switch to a different chord. Your ear may tell you which chord to switch to, or you may have to experiment to figure out what the second chord is. Continue singing, until once again, your ear tells you to switch chords. And so on.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How can i find chords for songs i want to remix?
Description : Q. I have been working a bit in FL studio with producing and moved on to remixing. I have a lot of acapella versions of songs but cant buil...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger