• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord of a thousand miles » Does anybody have the chord on piano for vanessa carltons a thousand miles?

Does anybody have the chord on piano for vanessa carltons a thousand miles?

Q.

A. This is not a classical music (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, etc) question. Please post in 'rock and pop' where this question belongs.

Original Question

Anyone know a good piano sheet of the following songs in the highest difficulty possible?
Q. 1.) Greensleeves
2.) Yesterday
3.) Hotel California
4.) All My Life (by KC and Jojo)
5.) A Thousand Miles

Along these lines of difficulty, or at least as difficult as possible:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hes6FYmLXmQ

Sheets don't have to be free

A. Birdgirl getting my strong seconding here.

Almost all pop and show music sheets are infamously spare and simple. The melody is always in the right hand as well as in the vocal line, the rest a simple configuration. The majority of buyers for these are self-taught or very early level piano players, and it is often enough 'tricky' for them. They are the largest demographic market for purchasing those scores.

More elaborate, i.e. more advanced and difficult arrangements would be an economic disaster for the publisher, as there would be far too few buyers to make it worthwhile.

Once in a while an intermediate or slightly more difficult arrangement will have created a large enough demand (some George Winston, 'Carol of the Bells' as an example) that a full score of that arrangement becomes commercially viable because there is a great enough demand for it.

If you have a more developed technique, I'd advise that if you cannot yet 'get' at a glance from the score the basic chords of the piece, that you learn the 'pop' nomenclature of chords, which appear in those printed sheets, labeled above the vocal line along with the Guitar tabs.

Keep the fundamental written bass note(s) in the score (they 'set' the chord inversion for you), you can then readily 'fluff it out' with what you think are appropriate configurations, easily found passing tones within the key, those very mushy-soft and 'pretty' pop style six chords (i.e. CEGA as a C chord vs. an a minor 7 in classical theory) ~ et voila! you are a semi-improvising pop pianist.

The more experienced and knowledgeable musicians work from 'cheat sheets' a minimized 'chart' of the melody in treble clef with just the pop harmony jargon notated chord symbols. From that it is quick steps to very full-sounding arrangements.

If you want to try a lovely and harmonically 'sophisticated' Pop song, beloved of Jazz players, pick up a copy of "Spring can really hang you up the most." -- by Fran Landesman and Tommy Wolf. ~ It is a LOT of fun to play around with:-)


Best regards.

Original Question

Can anyone give me a list with names of the most important Jazz musicians?Thank you.?
Q. I already have some.But I do need a little help!
Its about a school project that Im working on!
Thank you very much for your help.

A. I think musicians can be important for multiple reasons, so I'll compile three lists.

Musicianship and Compositional Influence:
--George Gershwin
--Thelonious Monk
--Duke Ellington
--Dave Brubeck
--John Coltrane
--Ornette Coleman

Solo and Sound Influence:
Trumpet
--Clifford Brown--You hear his sound in almost every trumpeter that played after him
--Miles Davis--Miles' playing brought out great things in all different types of musicians. A lot of great players changed while playing with Miles

Alto
--Charlie Parker
--Ornette Coleman
--Paul Desmond

Tenor
--JOHN COLTRANE--Coltrane influenced the style of really every musician after him, but even saxophonists of his time. Listen to Dexter Gordon before the 60s and then after the 60s, huge Coltrane influence.
--Sonny Rollins--His rich sound comes out in a lot of players after him

Drums
--Gene Krupa--Syncopation, Syncopation, Syncopation
--Max Roach/Kenny Clarke--These two revolutionized bop drumming and definitely changed the 50's
--Tony Williams--He's just the man.

Piano
--Bill Evans--Everybody wants to be Bill, he was a phenomenal soloist and musician.
--Bud Powell--Changed bop piano forever
--Thelonious Monk--Crafty and clever, Monk is another guy that is just the man.
--Red Garland--Red wasn't so influential, but when a pianist sustains some blocky chords he/she's probably trying to get that Garland sound from the Marathon Sessions

Bass
--Ron Carter--Groovy and with perfect timing, Carter is the gold standard of good bass playing.

Style and Personality Influence:
--Miles Davis--Sharp, cool, handsome and always driving the newest car, Miles was the coolest guy around and made Jazz so suave for a couple of decades there.
--Dexter Gordon--Always dressed nicely and with an infectious smile, Dexter Gordon had a swagger that musicians and non-musicians appreciated
--Herbie Hancock--Well dressed, and well-spoken, Hancock is a cool guy everyone likes.
--Quincy Jones--Sharp and always in sunglasses.
--Wynton Marsalis--He might be a little young to be one of the most influential, but his work with Jazz at Lincoln Center and his educational endeavors coupled with the confidence only amazing talent could give someone, Marsalis has changed the game.


There are plenty more really influential musicians, and then of course, thousands more not so influential musicians. But these are important to know.

-AE

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Does anybody have the chord on piano for vanessa carltons a thousand miles?
Description : Q. A. This is not a classical music (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, etc) question. Please post in 'rock and pop' where this question bel...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger