• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » notes piano chord » How long will it take to learn guitar?

How long will it take to learn guitar?

Q. I am an accomplished pianist (playing and taking lessons for 12 years). I've taught myself cello but haven't gotten over the beginner level for the last six years. I sing a lot, especially while I play piano. I know my notes and piano chords and advanced music theory.

I don't have a lot of time on my hands but I'm wondering if I could learn how to play and sing one song in four months.

Also, can I start on a half-size toy guitar?

A. Could you learn to play and sing one song in 4 months? Possibly. Depends on the difficulty of the song and on your own musical aptitude, manual dexterity, and willingness to work at it.

You say you've taught yourself cello, but "haven't gotten over the beginner level for the last six years", that doesn't bode well for your ability to teach yourself guitar quickly, however, especially if you don't have a lot of time to practice.

Can you start on a half-size toy guitar? If that's all you've got, I guess you can. It will undoubtedly sound like crap and probably be impossible to get or keep in tune, but if you don't care about that I guess you can manage. I know guys with big beefy hands who play mandolin and fiddle beautifully -- if they can get around on those itty-bitty little fingerboards with speed and accuracy with their thick fingers, you should be able to manage the fretboard on a half-size guitar.

Original Question

Is it ok for me to master the piano using piano chords instead of the notes?
Q. im having a difficult time playing the piano by notes and i think its easier to use piano chords, what do you think?

A. I have known amazing piano players who can't read music. Or think about pianists such as Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles! What does that tell you? You don't need to be able to read notes to be a fantastic pianist.

But that being said. I think it's good to learn to read the notes too!
Here's a great resource for mastering piano chords:
http://www.list-of-chords.com/

Here's a great resource for learning notes on the piano: http://www.learn-treble-clef.info/
http://www.learn-bass-clef.info/

Original Question

How do I make piano chords sound less boring?
Q. I use piano chords to accompany myself as I sing, but it just sounds boring.. Any tips on how to make it better? Like some notes to add or something? What do I add?

A. Instead of just playing straight chords, try playing broken chords. For example, where you would normally play CEG at the same time, play each note just a fraction of a second after the first. Another thing you could try is playing the notes of the chord in a different order, so again for example, instead of CEG, play ECG.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How long will it take to learn guitar?
Description : Q. I am an accomplished pianist (playing and taking lessons for 12 years). I've taught myself cello but haven't gotten over the be...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are chords in piano?
    Q. Like C, C7, C, and Am7. I see them on top of my piano music and I don't understand. Are there different ways of playing a C chord,...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger