• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » cm7 piano chord » How do i play these songs on teh piano?

How do i play these songs on teh piano?

Q. Ok, so i have lyrics to some church songs but on top of the lyrics there are some chords like "C" pr "Am" and stuff like that, i know those are chords..right? But how do i play them so the piano and the lyrics go together, and make a song? help please.

A. The easiest to find out which key to press is to measure the distance between the keys. I'll teach you the foundation so it will be easy for you.

Basic chords only consist of three keys. so for:

C - C, E, G (distance is 2 between C-E and 1½ between E-G) - assuming the distance between 1 key to its neighbour is ½ . It will be the same for all Major chord. G will be G B D , F will be F A C and so on. You will notice the distance will always be the same.

for Minor, its the opposite. 1½ and 2 . so for
Cm - C Eb G instead of C E G
Am - A C E instead of A C# E
just move your middle key down by ½.

if you see number 7 , as in Am7, you just need to add the fourth key at the end. Number 7 means the seventh note of a key - and that key is always ½ down of the key written.
So if you move down ½ from A, it will be G# . then just play A C E G

If it is Cm7 , it will be B = C E G B

Read slowly while putting it into practice straightaway and you will thank me for this :)

Original Question

How do I read piano chords in this format: Em7, Dm7, F#m7?
Q. Please explain how a se of notes, such as c,d,e# would be written in this format. I do not understand music theory at all so please, keep it simple.
Thanks

A. Well you'll need to learn a little music theory to understand chords. It's not too complicated, it just takes a little bit of practice and playing around with chords and scales.

For any chord, imagine a basic major scale starting with the note that the chord is called. For example, a C scale (the easiest to play on piano) goes C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C with no sharps or flats. The most basic type of chord is called a major triad. If you just see a chord like "C" or "E," it's a major triad. For this you just play the 1st, 3rd, and 5th notes of the scale. So a C chord would be C-E-G.

Then there's a minor scale. It starts like a major scale, but the 3rd, 6th, and 7th notes of the scale are flat. So a C minor scale would be C-D-Eâ­-F-G-Aâ­-Bâ­-C, and a C minor triad (written Cm) would be C-Eâ­-G.

The rest of the chords are variations on the major and minor triads. A 7th chord means you play the triad (1st, 3rd, and 5th), plus the 7th note in the scale. A C7 chord would be C-E-G-B, and a Cm7 would be C-Eâ­-G-Bâ­.

Here are the chords in your question, see if you can figure out how to find them:
Em7: E-G-B-D
Dm7: D-F-A-C
F#m7: F#-A-C#-D

They're tricky at first, but once you play around with them enough to get the hang of how they work, they're actually pretty simple. There are also other chord types, like 6th and 9th chords (you should be able to figure out how to play those just by the name), or augmented and diminished chords, which are a bit trickier.

Original Question

Where can I find the sheet music for the instrumental version of Monk TV show theme song by Randy Newman?
Q. What I want is sheet music for just the piano, guitar, and drums parts to the instrumental version of the song "It's a jungle out there" by Randy Newman. I don't want to have to download the sheet music and I would also like to know what the tempo of the song is if it's not on the sheet music.

A. I don't know where you can find the sheet music, but I figured out the chords myself long ago (I love Randy Newman, he's one of my favorite songwriters/composers).

It starts out in C minor, but ends up in F minor.

-intro-
Cm - G7/D - Cm/Eb - G7/D

-verse-
Cm - Eb°7 - Dm7b5 - G7 - Cm - Dm7b5 - Eb°7 - C7/E

then that whole section plays again in Fm, which leads to...

Bbm - Fm - G7 - Cm7 - Bbm7 - Abm7 - G7 - F°7 (basically G7b9) - Db7 - C7 - Fm7

Hopefully you can figure it out from there. If you have further questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do i play these songs on teh piano?
Description : Q. Ok, so i have lyrics to some church songs but on top of the lyrics there are some chords like "C" pr "Am" and stuff...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger