• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord g2 » 'my old man' in chorus at 'dont dilly dally on the way' looks impossible as F2 is held and up to a C3 played?

'my old man' in chorus at 'dont dilly dally on the way' looks impossible as F2 is held and up to a C3 played?

Q. The handbook indicates that my keyboard has 'sostenuto' which looks as though it might solve this problem (I'd need to buy and plug in a footswitch though). I think the switch would enable me to sustain the offending right hand F root chord and leave my right hand free to reach the high C (without sustain). I'm not to familiar with the mechanical piano - would a piano sostenuto pedal do this anyway, making this bit of old song play as written? Although dont they usually put 'Ped' if you have to do this?

A. The sostenuto pedal pedal on an acoustic piano holds notes that you have pressed and held while engaging the pedal. The middle pedal of many upright acoustic pianos engages a mute rail rather than a sostenuto. Some pianos, both upright and grand, operate a bass sustain that lifts the dampers from the strings below the treble break.

Unless you're noting the octaves wrong, F2 and C3 are easily reached; a fifth apart (F2 G2 A3 B3 C3) If there is greater interval (C4 - middle C) you might be able to pull that key with the thumb of the right hand. Or you could just use the sustain pedal (unless the rest of the piece is written to be staccato.

Other than that, yeah, get a stostenuto pedal for your piano. Though you'll get much more use out of it as a una corda.

... I see I need to peddle some dictionaries to the answer gang.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : 'my old man' in chorus at 'dont dilly dally on the way' looks impossible as F2 is held and up to a C3 played?
Description : Q. The handbook indicates that my keyboard has 'sostenuto' which looks as though it might solve this problem (I'd need to buy a...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
  • How do you play guitar chords on the piano?
    Q. There are a lot of songs I like that I want to learn on piano, but I don't know how. I can play piano by reading notes, have studied...
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • Can someone tell me the piano chords for don't let me be lonely?
    Q. Hello, I attended a summer camp for adult visually impaired campers and really liked it, so I want to go back next year. They usually ha...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
    Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger