• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord machine » What part of a song should a piano play in a rock band?

What part of a song should a piano play in a rock band?

Q. Hey, I'm 13 and in a rock band, I play keyboard. Now we want to play alot of songs that don't exactly want piano to go near them. Rage Against The Machine and stuff like that. In light rock songs before I played chords which sounded OK, but we're into different songs now.

Like for Reptilia by The Strokes, I don't get which part I should play. I find it a bit confusing of which instrument I should back up and hope you could shed some light on this.

A. Try some Evanescence or Nightwish. A lot of their music has keyboard in it.

Original Question

Am I too old to learn how to play the piano?
Q. I'm 20 years old and would love to learn how to play the piano. It's so beautiful and relaxing but I have no experience and never even touched a piano in my life. I've always thought that the piano was something you had to learn when you were younger to be really good at it?

A. Well - there is only one way of doing this - you've got to enjoy it for yourself - and if you do, then you can learn anything. A lot of people who do music are very competitive - they HAVE to get it perfect or bust - and music isn't much fun - it's a business - and it's a not very happy business. But if you're not one of those - and you just enjoy fooling around with the keyboard - then sure - 20 isn't too old. It's nicer to start when you're 5 - but 20 is OK too.

Go to the store - see the keyboards. They have these fantastic Casio keyboards for around $450 or so - with weighted keys - so it feels like a real grand piano (sort of) - and then the sound isn't that quacky computer noise anymore - it's sampled from actual good pianos and harpsichords. These keyboards are absolute dynamite - and they're fairly cheap - and you could wear earphones and you wouldn't even drive somebody else nuts.

Also consider a used machine - some great prices on those! Lots of people buy these things and find out that they can't play - never were interested in playing - and they sell their machine cheap.

It's just practice, practice, practice - make your fingers go up and down those notes - make your hands find those chords - all without thinking. Making music can be a real kick in the butt.

Original Question

What is the best music generating program?
Q. I'm making a movie, and I'd like a decent soundtrack. What is the best music-generating program for things like Guitar chords and piano excerpts, stuff like that?

A. http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-music-software.htm

I installed LMMS and Hydrogen on my Vista machine last weekend and have made a couple of little (and not so good yet) instrumentals. The LMMS Wiki is excellent and there are a number of tutorials on YouTube for both programs. The main problem was that I downloaded LMMS's newest release and some things shown in the tutorials are a little different in the new version but my old brain figured them out;-) LMMS can be used with a MIDI keyboard. I'm not sure about Hydrogen.
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

http://www.adobe.com/products/soundbooth/
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : What part of a song should a piano play in a rock band?
Description : Q. Hey, I'm 13 and in a rock band, I play keyboard. Now we want to play alot of songs that don't exactly want piano to go near them...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger