• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord e7 » Does anyone know the piano chords for Mom its your birthday?

Does anyone know the piano chords for Mom its your birthday?

Q. My moms birthday is coming up and i would really love to play it for her on the piano. I wanted to do something special this year for her.If you know please help.Thank you

A. Try this. Let me know if any of it sounds wrong.
--


(F/G)
Mom it's your

C
birthday
Thanks for all the care and love you

F
give
Not to

C/E
mention the

Dm7
meals
Some-

C
times I get kinda

G
nervous
And for-

F/G
get to tell you how I

C F/C C
feel
I'm a

G/D
little

C7/E
high

F
strung
It's

C/E
just because I'm

Dm7
young


Fm6/G
Mom I a-

C
dore ya
And I'll do

F/G
anything for ya
Although my

Dm7
brothers make me fran-

G
tic
With every sin-

Dm7
gle crazy an-

G
tic
And when I'm

Dm7
bouncing off the walls

G
You're the one

E7
who stays calm

Am7
(You're the one who stays calm)

Am6
Because you

Dm7
love me for who I am

Dm7/G
I'll always love

G7
you

C Fm6/C C
mom

Original Question

What is the difference between guitar chords?
Q. I am a self taught guitarist. I have a very basic knowledge in SOME music theory, but for the most part I play by ear or use tabs. Sheet music for guitar has always frustrated me, I have tried to learn. I can read very simple sheet music for piano, that's about it. But enough about my knowledge of music. When reading tabs for a song I want to learn, I see chord diagrams.

What is the difference between chords like E and E7 and Em7? They seem to be played the same.

A. They are not played the same there are some differences, they only look similar because they're all variations of E (mi)

Original Question

How long will it take me to complete grade one guitar if I already play two inssturments very well?
Q. I have played flute for four years and piano for eight. I want to know how fast I could learn to play guitar.

A. Your biggest challenge is going to be to build up your callouses. Star out by playing about five minutes a stretch, two to three times a day, and build up your endurance over the space of about three months. When you get to the point where you can play for at least a half an hour, you should be well on your way to working on changing chords smoothly.

Remember, it isn't learning the chords that is the biggest challenge, it's learning to move from chord to chord smoothly. I start all of my students with the following chord:

E minor seven with a suspension
Emin7sus

All you do is strum across the strings with your right hand while you leave your left hand off the guitar completely! E / B / G is the E minor - D is the seventh, and A is the suspension. If the A was above the D, it would be the eleventh, but since it's below the D (the seventh) it's a suspension - even though there is a third in the chord!

Next you learn the E minor with a Dominant 7th
Emin7

Put your second or third finger on the second fret of the fifth string (A)

6/0 5/2 4/0 3/0 2/0 1/0

Next you learn the E minor
Emin

Put your second and third finger on the second frets of the fourth and fifth strings

6/0 5/2 4/2 3/0 2/0 1/0

Next you learn the E major chord
E

Put your second and third finger on the second frets of the fourth and fifth strings, and lay your third finger right down, where it already is, on top of the first fret of the third string!

6/0 5/2 4/2 3/1 2/0 1/0

Next, you learn the A minor chord

Put your second and third fingers down on the second frets of the FOURTH AND THIRD STRINGS! then put your first finger right down where it is, over the first fret of the second string (You just moved all of your fingers over by one string?)

6/0 5/0 4/2 3/2 2/1 1/0

move around back and forth between the chords until you can make the transition smoothly. Then learn some variations:

E7 - 6/0 5/2 4/0 3/1 2/0 1/0

Amin7 - 6/0 5/0 4/2 3/0 2/1 1/0

A7 - 6/0 5/0 4/2 3/0 2/2 1/0

You have probably noticed that I haven't gone anywhere near the C major chord yet. I try not to show that chord to my students for at least a month, unless they beat it out of me (and some do!)

C - (Actually C/E) 6/0 5/3 4/2 3/0 2/1 1/0 (That's a C major chord with the third (E) in the Bass)

C - (Actually C/G) 6/3 5/3 4/2 3/0 2/1 1/0 (That's a C major chord with the fifth (G) in the bass - which sounds fuller but is harder to play) < You generally play it first finger - 2/1 second finger - 4/2 fourth finger - 5/3 third finger - 6/3 >
I play it 1 / 2/ 3 / 4 though because it makes it easier for me to slide around!

Anyway, that should get you started. Let me know if you need more. Give me a shout and I will be glad to send you anything you need.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Does anyone know the piano chords for Mom its your birthday?
Description : Q. My moms birthday is coming up and i would really love to play it for her on the piano. I wanted to do something special this year for he...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger