• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » csus4 piano chord » training to play melodies on piano?

training to play melodies on piano?

Q. can someone recommend good exercises so that I can play a melody on the piano without hitting the wrong note occasionally. I have been practicing training my ear for several months but would like to make more progress. A lot of the ear training courses seem to concentrate more on chords not melodies. So any ideas to improve ability to play a melody on the piano are welcome - not so much technique but how to train my ear.
thanks

A. The only thing I can suggest is do a little bit of theory, especially related to chords. So when you hear a chord, you can immediately recognise what notes make that chord up...usually, the melody over chords will correspond to the chord underneath.

E.g.: The chord Csus4 is made up of C, E, G with a suspended 4th which is F. That way, if you become adept at recognising chords, you know which notes are likely to be played in the melody.

There are probably less complicated ways, but that's all I can offer.

Original Question

From one piano player to another?
Q. I was looking through a book of how to play beatles songs, and usually what I do is just read the chords, like it'll say "C" or "G" or "Am" and i'll just play the triads. All of a sudden, while sightreading a song i come across a sign that says "Csus4". Can someone please explain to me what chord this is and what "sus4" means?

A. Sus4 means suspended fourth, or that that instead of the traditional Root, 3rd, 5th format, the third is suspended (or replaced by the 4th note in the chord sequence. You'll see they're very similar to the regular chord.

PS: Good taste in music, The Beatles are awesome.

Original Question

Anyone good at piano?
Q. Can anyone give me the piano chords for the song dreaming with a broken heart by john mayer? I can do the intro and verses but I need the chords for the chorus

A. Verse 1
=======

G A7 C
When you're dreaming with a bro-ken heart

G A7 C
The waking up is the hardest part

G A7 C
You roll out of bed and down on your knees

G A7 C
And for a moment you can hardly breathe


Refrain 1
=========

Em7 D/F# G G/B C
Wondering was she rea-lly here

Em7 D/F# G G/B C
Is she stand-ing in my room

Gadd2/B
No she's not

Cadd9 G/B Gm/Bb Am7 G
Cos she's gone gone gone gone gone


Bridge
======

A7/G C/G G A7/G C/G


Verse 2
=======
G A7 C
When you're dreaming with a bro-ken heart

G A7 C
The giving up is the hardest part

G A7 C
She takes you in with her crying eyes

G A7 C
Then all at once you have to say goodbye


Refrain 2
=========

Em7 D/F# G G/B C
Wondering could you stay my love

Em7 D/F# G G/B C
Will you wake up by my side

Gadd2/B
No she can't

Cadd9 G/B Gm/Bb Am7 G
Cos she's gone gone gone gone gone


Instrumental
============

Dm Csus2 C G Dm7 Csus4 C G

G A7/G C/G G A7/G C/G

G A7/G C/G G A7/G C/G


Verse 3
=======

G A7 C
Now do I have to fall asleep with roses in my hand

G A7 C
Do I have to fall asleep with roses in my hand

G A7 C
Do I have to fall asleep with roses in my hand

G A7 C
Do I have to fall asleep with roses in my roses in my hands


Refrain 3
=========

Em7 D/F# G G/B C
And would you get them if I did

Gadd2/B
No you won't

Cadd9 G/B Gm/Bb Am7 G
Cos you're gone gone gone gone gone


Outro
=====

A7/G C/G G A7/G C/G

G A7 C
When you're dreaming with a bro-ken heart

G A7 C
The waking up is the hardest part

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : training to play melodies on piano?
Description : Q. can someone recommend good exercises so that I can play a melody on the piano without hitting the wrong note occasionally. I have been p...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Does anyone know the piano chords to Jar of Hearts?
    Q. The song Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri..I want the piano chords. A. Am, C i know i cant take one m...
  • Is there a website that has information or a guide to different Piano chords?
    Q. I've been practicing the piano/keyboard recently and was wondering if there is a website that has information/references on the diff...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger