• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » a minor 7 piano chord » How is watching someone play the piano good for people who are beginners?

How is watching someone play the piano good for people who are beginners?

Q. How is watching professional pianists play the piano good for people who are beginners & want to learn to read music & play the piano?

A. A lot of what a professional pianist does will be far too fast for the human eye to catch. Far better to sit at a piano and find out what works and what doesn't. Piano lesson number one. A "C" chord contains C, E & G in any order with a C bass (playing a G or E bass under the C chord creates well known combinations you're ear will recognise). An "F" chord contains F, A & C with an F bass and A and C basses played underneath having similar effects to those described above. A "G" chord has G, B & D and again, having a G bass is normal but using a B and a D as a bass note is very common to achieve certain effects.

Learn those three chords, play around with adding other notes until your ear recognises how the combinations can fit together and practise like mad.

If you learn 6 or 7 chords, you'll have the basics to play enough songs to sing along to in the keys of C, F and G (once you add B flat chord and so on).

A C chord with an A bass is an A minor 7th and it's used LOTS. An F chord with a D bass is a D minor 7th and THAT is used lots too.

Original Question

How can I learn to memorize my piano chords for my music faster?
Q. At my school they have a program called Winter Drumline and it's like a drumline show whenever marching season is over, the pit and the battery are in it. I am in the pit for winter drumline this year and I am playing the synth (electric piano). I am new to playing piano and I am not used to treble clef, I play trombone and baritone so I am more familiar with the bass clef, although I can read treble, it takes me a minute. So the chords I have to play are kind of difficult, especially for someone learning to play. How can I learn these chords faster so I can learn the show faster? Please help and thanks in advance :)

A. Hey Good for you! I was in Winter drum line to0. I marched snare, and now I am a Jazz Piano major. A good way to memorize chords is to take one measure at a time very slowly. Ms=Measure
Example:

-Memorize Ms1.
-Memorize Ms2.
-Play Ms1&2 very slowly until you have that memorized.
-Memorize Ms3
-Play Ms1-3 very slowly unitl memorized
-Memorize Ms4.
-Play Mes1-4

Bump up the metronome 5 clicks and repeat for awhile.

Then do the same thing for measures 5-8
and then play measures 1-8 very slowly.
And continue learning the rest of the show like that.

That method is to learn specific chords that are written out like you said on a treble clef. But You should start to read chord charts too and chord symbols, so when you see a C-7 chord you know to C-Eb-G-Bb or when you see a G7 chord you know to play G-B-D-F.

If you don't know what 7 chords are, start to learn ALL your major and minor triad chords.
C=C-E-G
Db=Db-F-Ab
D=D-F#-A
etc.....

and then the next step would be to learn those major and minor triads in different 1st and second inversion, meaning the middle or last note is on the bottom.

First inversion chords:
C=E-G-C
Db=F-Ab-Db
D=F#-A-D
etc..

Second inversion chords:
C=G-C-E
Db=Ab-Db-F
D=A-D-F#
etc...


Piano is one of the most technical instruments to play because not only do you have to consider rhythm and harmony but also melody.

If your really interested in piano see if you can find a teacher that teaches both Jazz, and classical.
If your in the Detroit area I give lessons!

Good luck sorry for the rant!

Original Question

How do you play piano music off of chord sheets.?
Q. I need to learn how to play the piano using chord sheet music, not the regular sheet music. I already know how to play regular but I'm unsure of how to play when you get chords like: Am7, Gsus, G/B, or Fmaj9

How do you change from using regular notes to chord sheet music?

A. you just play the normal chords...like gmajor or minor to a minor 7th...go back and forth....just know all the chords and then you can switch back and forth.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How is watching someone play the piano good for people who are beginners?
Description : Q. How is watching professional pianists play the piano good for people who are beginners & want to learn to read music & play the ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger