• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord progressions » How do I know what notes to play on piano?

How do I know what notes to play on piano?

Q. I'm trying to write my own songs on the piano, I know about chord progressions but my problem is what notes do I hit are they random or if I'm playing a C chord am I only able to play C,E,G until I hit a new chord? does anybody have any links that will help me or anything?

A. Accidentals. They are various notes (only a few, otherwise you might as well switch between chords), that have the flat, sharp, or natural sign in fornt of them, that are not part of the chord.

Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accidental_(music)

Original Question

How do I learn how to play chord progressions easily on piano?
Q. I heard my step uncle and actual uncle play some really beautiful chord progressions and I just want to be able to play like that. I have a history in music, but only treble clef. I'm working on learning bass clef but just need motivation and determination. Also, if this is any help, I'm 15
Any help/ advise would be appreciated. Thanks

A. Do you have experience with piano? It get's a little technical with the way chords are formed. A good way to start is to practice playing simple chords. If you have experience with piano and know which key is which, then you might want to start off by playing a C major chord. With your right hand, put your thumb on C, your middle finger on E, and your little finger on G. It should look like you're skipping every other white key with your hand (second and fourth fingers don't play) Then if you want, you can play around and move up and down to D with the same fingers skipping and on all the white keys. Then you play a D minor. Most pop songs have simple chords like that. However, your step uncle and uncle might have played something with more complex chords. I suggest reading up on different ways that chords can be formed, but a progression is just a pattern. A lot of songs use the chords C F G and A minor. (if you learn those, you'd be able to play about 1000 songs I bet). Another way is to look at a piano chord chart, which might take less studying if you just want to get to playing the song. Here's one: http://www.8notes.com/piano_chord_chart/. Ask them what songs they were playing, and then you can use the chords and find the notes with the chord chart.

Original Question

What are the piano chords for "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie?
Q. I play a little bit of piano, and I really love that song. All I am looking for is the names of the piano chords used in the song, the chord progression, and the notes that make up those chords. Thanks in advance, God bless! :-)

A. "Transatlanticism" - Death Cab:
http://www.e-chords.com/chords/death-cab-for-cutie/transatlanticism

"Transatlanticism" - Death Cab:
http://www.911tabs.com/link/?1164368

"Notes in Chords: Major, Minor, 7th, Aug":
http://www.michael-thomas.com/music/class/chords_notesinchords.htm

Cheers ebs

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do I know what notes to play on piano?
Description : Q. I'm trying to write my own songs on the piano, I know about chord progressions but my problem is what notes do I hit are they random...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger