• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord changes » Do you drummers feel that playing another instrument help you become a better drummer?

Do you drummers feel that playing another instrument help you become a better drummer?

Q. For me, I fell like playing another instrument helps me understand chord changes and other aspects of music theory that I do not learn form playing drums.
Think about this more in the contexts of a song. Now that I play piano and drums I understand the song's structure more than just beats and fills.

A. It could, my favorite drummer knows Piano as well, not sure if it helped him but, he knows the Piano, but, i dont know what else to learn, i dont have the fingers for a guitar, but i like vocals, screaming though, but i suck at that too, i want to learn how to scream

Original Question

What/where are the coolest harmonies and progressions you've ever heard?
Q. The other day, I heard the university choir sing this awesome song by a resident professor of composition- it was a swelling, undulating flow of chord changes and harmonic progressions that were just too awesome to describe. I'm not even sure if the piece had words; I was too busy thinking how cool it sounded. What are some pieces you know that kind of fit this description? I'm not looking for anything in particular- choir, orchestra, solo etc., or any specific musical period; just anything that you found particularly evocative on hearing.

A. The third movement of Schumann's piano concerto, the B section of the rondo, there are some AWESOME piano arpeggios in the most beautiful chord progressions. Then it changes key 3 times, from A, to C, to B flat. Each of those key changes makes the harmonies even more rich and powerful. Each time the key changes it's like your heart sinks, and you have a moment of breathlessness, as you try to comprehend its beauty.

It's incredible!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meszio9oxu8
It starts at 2:15...

Original Question

what are good jazzbooks for someone to learn and become amazing at playing?
Q. . i play the piano i have natural talent at improvising and have a very good ear. but when i play jazz music i don't know how to incorporate chords and change the voicings.all i play is the root chords so how can i become better? what books are will help me"? or should i get a jazz teacher?

A. get a teacher. books will only get you so far. a teacher can really rocket you to success. I also have an amazing ear and natural talent for improvising on saxophone, piano, and guitar, because of lessons I have taken/ am taking. because of what Ive learned from my teacher, my soloing sound so much better, and even got me a solo with a pro saxophonist from a college near my school! If you get a teacher, and stay committed to learning, i guarantee you will be successful with your piano playing.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Do you drummers feel that playing another instrument help you become a better drummer?
Description : Q. For me, I fell like playing another instrument helps me understand chord changes and other aspects of music theory that I do not learn f...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger