• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » keyboard piano chord » Are chords on the keyboard added to a song the same way guitar chords are?

Are chords on the keyboard added to a song the same way guitar chords are?

Q. I know how to add guitar chords to a melody. But I want start adding keyboard/piano chords to songs as well. Is it done the same as guitar?

I tried to word this as simple and easy to understand as possible. Sorry if it's hard to understand and thank you for answering. =)

A. Pretty much. They're both C instruments and share a lot of qualities. If you have 0 piano experience, start by figuring out the notes on the guitar and transferring them to the piano. You'll be able to see triads, 7 chords, and anything else a little more easily (hopefully! it took me a little time).

Original Question

How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ask you is, how to change the chord to a piano chord (piano chords are not all pressed at the same time), is there any formula or anything??

A. It is exactly the same. Yes, you do press them all at the same time. Playing a chord one note at a time is called a broken chord. Three or more notes played at the same time is a chord, regardless of the instrument.

Original Question

What does a letter above a musical note for the keyboard piano mean?
Q. Ok, I'm learning how to play the keyboard piano (by myself) right now, and I'm playing Ode to Joy. Well, above some of the notes, there are capital notes right above them.

For example:

The first note (E) has a C above that. Does that mean I play C and E at the same time, or play E then C?

A. The note is a chord, so for example if you've got lyrics with letters written above them, then playing the chord of the letter provides piano accompaniment to the song :)

So feel free to ignore those letters and stick with the notes, but if you don't have anything to play in the left hand, then you could add in a C chord (C, E, G) underneath the E that you're playing for the melody...

Hope this helps!

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Are chords on the keyboard added to a song the same way guitar chords are?
Description : Q. I know how to add guitar chords to a melody. But I want start adding keyboard/piano chords to songs as well. Is it done the same as guit...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger