• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord changes » How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?

How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?

Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get the chords for the bass from the piano chords.

A. Typically the bass plays the same chords that the piano is playing, as both are concert C instruments. So an A chord on the piano is an A chord on the bass. Of course this is assuming you have the chords written above each measure. If this is the case, have the bassist improvise a line based on the chords. It's easy. If the chords are not written, you'll have to figure them out from the key of the piece and the melody written.

Original Question

How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ask you is, how to change the chord to a piano chord (piano chords are not all pressed at the same time), is there any formula or anything??

A. It is exactly the same. Yes, you do press them all at the same time. Playing a chord one note at a time is called a broken chord. Three or more notes played at the same time is a chord, regardless of the instrument.

Original Question

How do I develop a piano composition?
Q. I can come up w/ a short melody or chord changes, but I have trouble developing it into a whole song.

A. I'm not much of a composer, but I'm beginning to dabble, and I've come to learn a few things, so I'll try to answer this one...

Composing is actually not that difficult if you plan it out properly. At least, that's how it works for me. Before I actually write a melody, I will plan out what form I want it to have -- like strophic, freeform, etc. (my terminology may be sceewompus, but I'm sick so pleh). I usually draw a big line and split it up into sections, naming the first section "A." This is usually the main melody. Then you can have a B section, a C section, and then finally resolve back to A. Or something like that, I don't know what you'd call that using form and analysis terminology, I haven't really gotten that far yet. Anyway, after mapping out the "timeline" you could probably decide where you want your "climax" to be, let's say it's in the C section.
Alright, so you've got a basic melody, but what about the other B and C sections? I usually figure out what chord progressions I want to use in the other sections, and build a melody off of that (that's what I usually do, as I'm a little more interested in cool chord progressions that actual melody lines). Key changes are always fun to do and there are a million ways to do a key change and switch up the sections, like moving into the relative minor and then back to major, using subdominants to move the melody into the dominant, etc. etc.. But anyway, there's usually a small few-measure introduction to different sections, or at least an intro at the beginning.
Yeah so... I'm no virtuoso, and I'm sure Mozart never had to do this, but I'm a huge music theory geek, so if you already knew all this stuff, feel free to disregard my music student geek-out.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : How do I convert or change piano chords to bass guitar chords or tabs?
Description : Q. Usually when I try to find gospel bass tabs or chords, I'm sent to sites that only have piano chords. Someone said that I could get ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger