• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord generator online » Does anyone know who i can go to or what i can do to get my guitar tuned?

Does anyone know who i can go to or what i can do to get my guitar tuned?

Q. I tried every online tuner there is...and i ended up snapping my low e chord every time...i don't know what else to do i had my guitar since christmas and i cant play it cause its not tuned and it dosent sound right...does anyone know what i can do or who to go to? please and thanks :)

A. We use the piano to generate the note tone sounds and tune in the strings in this order: E (low), E (high), B, A, D, G.

IT IS IMPORTANT to keep going back to the string before the last to make sure it is still in tune BEFORE going on to the next as you do the procedure. So you tune E (low) then E (high) and then recheck E (low) then go on to B and then recheck E (high) and then go on to A... and so on.

If you don't have a piano, use a tuning pipe or an electronic tone generator.

It occurs to me that you may be stringing (putting a new string on the guitar) incorrectly. The Elixir (as in Elixir Nanoweb guitar strings: www.elixirstrings.com) website has a great video that will show you how to properly string the guitar.

( http://www.elixirstrings.com/products/howtostring_acoustic.html )

If the strings are improperly attached you will break them more often than if they are installed properly. We buy our strings and parts at a store called The Guitar Center.

( http://www.guitarcenter.com/Default.aspx?source=4WWRWXGT)

May be there is one near you.

The guys there are great help in buying replacement parts and they are always willing to help my daughter with the little things....like tuning the Yamaha Acoustic guitar she has. She's in high school and they take/make time to help her with what she calls the "stupid" questions she has...

good luck and great strumming!

Original Question

Sheet music generator program?
Q. Okay. So there's this YouTube musical that I love (A Very Potter Musical) but TeamStarkid doesn't have any sheet music for any of the songs online. There are lots of sites where people have put guitar tabs for some of the songs up, but I can't find any piano music ANYWHERE. I'd really appreciate it if you could give the name of a program that you could play a song and it would show you the sheet music, or something like that. I've tried to figure out the chords on my own, but after the intro I can't really hear the piano well enough to get the chords. I thought that I could pull the piano chords off a guitar tab, but the piano and guitar versions are different. If you happen to know where I can just get the piano music, that would be great, too. Thanks!

A. Those are all COPY WRITTEN SONGS so you can't STEAL THEM FOR FREE off the Internet.. you have to BUY THEM and you can BUY THEM at www.sheetmusicplus.com

I actually HAVE a keyboard that lets me generate sheet music by even just playing the radio near the mic on it..and you TOO can have a keyboard that will do this.. for only about $8000.. so HOW MANY WOULD YOU LIKE?

Original Question

Where can I find a program that will reproduce any sound frequency?
Q. Is there a program (or is it possible to make a program) in which you type in a frequency (say, 440 Hz for A) and it will be played for you. And then if you typed 450 (not an actual note) it would still play the exact sound (a slightly sharp A). I'm trying to see how it would sound if instead of musical octaves being separated into 8 equal parts when creating a major scale (as in, containing 8 distinct pitches/notes), octaves had some other number of separated parts (pitches/notes). Are major scales even divided equally? Are all the frequencies between the notes in a major scale the same interval?

A. Hi!

First off a program to explore frequencies :

http://pages.globetrotter.net/roule/sa/accord.htm

Is a Java program that allows you explore frequency online.

Otherwise you could use a sound editing suite. I have MAGIX MP3 maker and I can create an MP3 by adding add simple frequencies, together. like 1 second of 440Hz, 1 sec of 500Hz, etc.,

Your question about major scales is more complicated. How to divide the octave into parts to make a scale is a question that has been debated for 2000 years! Pythagoros, the famous triangle man, was one of the first people to start on it,

A major scale is not evenly divided.

Imagine a piano keyboard. As we play up a C major scale, we will just use the white keys. So from C to D skips a black key. So that interval is a Tone. From D to E skips D#, so that interval is a tone. Then from E to F, there is no black key, so that is only a semitone.

So the way a major scale is divided is T-T-sT-T-T-T-sT

If you now play it and listen carefully, you will hear that the major scale is not equal divided. It is just that we are so conditioned to listening to music in the major key that we just don't hear it, unless we listen carefully.

Now, next, what frequencies will you need to put into your tone generator to generate a major scale.

So if A is at 440Hz
A the octave above is twice the frequency = 880Hz

(This is always the case you always go up an octave by doubling the frequency)

Now the 'modern' way of dividing this frequency range is called equal temperament. It is called equal temperament because every semitone is the exact same ratio of frequencies. Knowing this we can mathematically work out exactly what the frequencies need to.

There are 12 semitone steps in an octave. An octave doubles the frequency, so the ratio between a frequency of a note and that of the semitone above needs to be the 12 root of 2! (1.0535)

So we can write out the frequency for an a major scale, using equal temperament.

NoteIntervalFrequency
A440.0Hz
BT493.9Hz
C#T554.4Hz
DST587.3Hz
ET659.3Hz
F#T740.0Hz
G#T830.6Hz
A'ST880.0Hz

Equal temperament is very useful, because it means that a piano can be a transposing instrument, that means you can play any key signature equally on it. And the chords you make on it will sound equally good in any key.

There is a disadvantage though. There are some particular ratios of frequencies that sound very good together, there are very pure harmonies.

For example a pure fifth, the interval between A and E for example, if it was tuned exactly would have the exact geometric ratio of 3:2 or a ratio of 1.5.

So if we tuned our piano this way to give this very pretty 5th, E should be 440*1.5 = 660Hz. But our equal system has put it at 659.3. Very close but not a perfect interval. The fourth is even worse. That is why some people say the equal temperament is equally out of tune :)

You look up more on temperament on sites like :

http://www.terryblackburn.us/music/temperament/stoess.htm

Hope this has been some help. But the subject you are just entering is quite complicated, but fascinating.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Does anyone know who i can go to or what i can do to get my guitar tuned?
Description : Q. I tried every online tuner there is...and i ended up snapping my low e chord every time...i don't know what else to do i had my guit...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger