• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » f sharp piano chord » At what age should a child start to learn piano playing?

At what age should a child start to learn piano playing?

Q. Our little girl is five and she wants to learn piano so badly. Should I accept?

A. my son knows the chords of c sharp minor, a flat, f, and b on a con sistent basis. my mom ha a keyboard that he plays with and he has figured out what sounds good together and i looked and sure enough, they are legit chords. he has been doing that for about 6 months now, andhe is 23 months old

Original Question

How do you turn guitar chords into scales?
Q. If I play a chord, like F major and A minor, how do I know/find out what scale works for those two chords? I'm not entirely looking for the answer to this example, but I'm more interested in being "taught to fish" so to speak. Thanks.

A. youtube.

A scale has 8 notes in it, and three of them are in the chord that has it's name.. except if the chord's a minor..
Am uses the C scale, F uses the F scale, G uses the G scale.. Em uses the G scale too..

So..
The C scale is the notes c, d, e, f, g, a, b, c..
doh, re, mi fa so la ti doh..
These are the white notes on the piano, starting with the one that's just left of the group of two black ones..
The black notes in between are sharps or flats in the C scale..
So the piano goes
c, c#, d, d#, e, f, f#, g, g#, a, a#,.b, c...
Notice some of the notes don't have a sharp between them... true of any scale... the amount of space between each note in the scale is called the interval, most are two spaces, or semi tones.. some are one.. Each scale has the same pattern, starting with the name note of the scale..
For today... learn the C scale.. then go to youtube, and look for more.. or you can probably find diagrams.. and there are people who will show you places to put your hand to make scales...

A chord.. is the first, third and fifth note in the scale.. ie, in the C scale, the chord notes are C, E, G, repeated in the chord...

On the guitar, C is third fret on the fifth string [second fattest one] D is the fourth string open, E is fourth string second fret.. F is fourthe string third fret.. G is the third string, A is third string second fret, B is second string, and C is second string first fret....
Now... put a capo on the guitar, on the second fret, and play the same scale.. it's a D scale here... though you can to it without the capo...
D is the fourth string.. you can find the scale by counting up... the same intervals as in the c scale...
the intervals in semitones, starting from the name note..
D+2,+2+,1,+2,+2,+2,+1 will get you back to D... do it all on the D string... think of each fret as an interval, semi tone.. So.. D is open string.. next note.. 2nd fret..

Original Question

What is the proper fingering in playing piano arpeggios?
Q. For example:First, you play C E G(C major chord) in the left hand and the next C E G for the right hand,then C E G again with the left hand.I've seen many players do this.Is it okay? or still the "Thumb-Index-Middle" Rule?

A. Ok, it's different with every arpeggio, it depends on what inversion you are doing, how many white key/black keys etc.

Let me break down the fingering,1-thumb 2- index 3- middle 4- ring 5- pinky



Group1:C maj, Gmaj, Fmaj, Dmin, A min, E min

Root:1231(RH)5421(LH)
FirstInv:1241(RH)5421(LH)
SecInv: 1231(RH) 5321(LH)

Group2:Cmin, Gmin, Fmin

Root: 1231(RH) 5421(LH)
FirstInv 2124(RH)4214(LH)
SecInv:1231(RH)5321(LH)

Group3: Dmaj, Amaj, Emaj

Root: 1231(RH) 5321(LH)
First Inv: 2124(RH)4214(LH)
Second Inv 1241(RH) 5321(LH)

Group 4: F sharp maj

Root: 1231(RH)5321(LH)
FirstInv:1241(RH) 5421(LH)
SecondInv:1241(RH)5321(LH)

Group 5:F sharp min,E flat maj C sharp maj, C sharp min, A flat maj,A flat min

Root: 2124(RH) 2142(LH)
FirstInv: 1241(RH) 5421(LH)
SecInv: 2421(RH)4214(LH)

Group 6:B Maj

Root: 1231(RH)5321(LH)
First Inv: 2312(RH)3213(LH)
Second Inv: 2123(RH)3132(LH)

Group 7: B flat min

Root:2312(RH)3212(LH)
First Inv:2123(RH) 2132(LH)
Second Inv: 1231(RH)5321(LH)

Group 8: B min

Root:1231(RH)5421(LH)
First Inv: 1241(RH) 5421(LH)
Second Inv: 2123(RH)4214(LH)

Group 9: B flat maj

Root: 2124(RH) 3213 (LH)
First: 1241(RH)5421(LH)
Second: 1241(RH)5321(LH)

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : At what age should a child start to learn piano playing?
Description : Q. Our little girl is five and she wants to learn piano so badly. Should I accept? A. my son knows the chords of c sharp minor, a flat, f,...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How do you play "home sweet home" (motley crue) on the piano?
    Q. I'm a bass/guitarist I don't know piano chords, so don't give me a tab with all the letter chords on it. If there's a vi...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • Piano Chord's can't I learn piano chords and why do I get mad at myself for not being a pro. pianist?
    Q. I am having a hard time learning chords for piano(chord fingering) I find that I can play piano by ear(not using both hands) but I am ha...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • What is a good program to show a virtual piano for making piano tutorials?
    Q. I want to give back to the many people who have helped me learn the piano through video tutorials and make some of my own for people str...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • What chord progressions make a song feel certain emotions?
    Q. I already know that chords and chord progressions can make a song have an emotion. I don't want entire progressions but what chords ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger