• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » e flat piano chord » Are piano chords affected by key signature?

Are piano chords affected by key signature?

Q. I am learning piano chords. the A chord is A C#, and E. When the key signature is, for example, 3 flats (A B E), does that mean that the A chord is changed to A flat, C#, and E flat. If so, when Adim, then is chord now Aflat, C and D?

A. No, they are not affected. To use your example, an A major chord is A - C# - E and that is the case irrespective of key signature.

Original Question

Why do I hear beeping when I play piano?
Q. I recently took up piano, and I've noticed that I hear a beeping noise when I play certain chords. It sounds similar to a very quiet fire alarm. I've especially noticed it when playing E flat.

What could be causing this?

A. I suggest you google 'tinitus'. If it started right after you exposed yourself to really loud music and it hasn't subsided a few hours after that, then it would help to get to a doctor asap and ask for help. Most likely you will get an IV or medication for better blood circulation. The tiny hairs in your ear could have been damaged. It happened to me after a concert and never went away. I hope it will go away!!! My advice: Always wear earplugs at concerts or clubs. Good luck!

Original Question

How do you know what piano chords go together?
Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they go together to write a song. Could you guys give me some tips on writing songs?

A. I'm been composing for a LONG time so I can tell you where you need to start. I know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it. You need to practice remembering what chords are compatible to one another.

For example a D G (Bflat) chord is compatible with a G (Bflat) D chord.

Did you see how they contain the same notes but are arranged differently?

Look at a d minor scale:

D E F G A (Bflat) (Csharp) D

Any of those keys are acceptable for a d minor song. So if you used chords that are combinations of any of those keys, you can be 90% sure to be fail safe. That's a good place to start.

Now look at an a minor scale:

A B C D E F (Aflat) A

Play the following chords:

(A C E)
((Aflat) C E)
(F (A flat) C)
(E A C)

Those are all in the scale and you just created a tune to an a minor song

Recognizing what doesn't sound right is the beginning of learning what DOES sound right.

Experiment a little and find out what works what doesn't


Hope this helps

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : Are piano chords affected by key signature?
Description : Q. I am learning piano chords. the A chord is A C#, and E. When the key signature is, for example, 3 flats (A B E), does that mean that th...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • How to change a keyboard chord to piano?
    Q. Hey! On the electronic keyboard, for example, the C major chord is : C - E - G, which is pressed all at the same time, now what i wanna ...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • music chords and notes?
    Q. where can i find audio samples of all notes AND CHORDS (piano/guitar) in MP3 format ? P.S.- I need to save them A. No clue, but it woul...
  • How do you know what piano chords go together?
    Q. I wanna write a song on piano, but I haven't really learned chords and stuff. I know a few chords but they don't sound like they...
  • What is a chord progression and how do you play it in the piano?
    Q. I am studying on playing the piano and my textbook says "Chord progressions consist of two or mjore chords played consecutively....
  • Guitar Chords?
    Q. OK so i started playing guitar yesterday and wanna know how to play chords like what do i press? A. The former advice is correct get a ...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • Guitar chords to piano?
    Q. Okay so I wrote I song, and I started with my acoustic guitar first with capo on 3rd fret. But I want to play the same exact chords on p...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • How do I form special piano chords?
    Q. specifically (add9) chords and ninth and 11th chords. Thanks in Advance. A. add9 just means you add the 9th to the given chord. The 9th...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger