• About
  • Sitemap
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact

Piano Music Chords QA

Find popular and new piano chords to play everyday.

  • Home
  • Ask
    • Ask Your Question
  • Answer
Home » piano chord key chart » whats the difference between a c chord and the key of c?

whats the difference between a c chord and the key of c?

Q. i have a piano chart at home that says C chord is G, C, and E (in that order). but i've learned that C is C, E, and G. they are the same letters, but different locations on the keyboard.i'm trying to write a song, but now i don't know how to teach my singer or guitarist what key or chord it's in because i'm so confused. is there a difference?

A. The chord is just a compilation of notes in the key of c. The key means that the music is based on 7 specific notes.
Ex. key of c-- C,D,E,F,G,A,B

Original Question

Can you please translate these piano chords, I dont know how to read them?
Q. These are the chords.
Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 Bbm7 Ab Bbm7 B Ab Verses: Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 Bbm7 (x4) Cbm7 Bbm7 Cbm7 B Bbm7 Chorus: Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 Bbm7 Ab Bbm7 Cbm7 C# C#m Bridge: B Bbm7 Ab (x2) C# C#m Ab Fm F# Ab Bbm Ab F# Please Help!

A. Ok this is in no way going to teach you how to play piano, but a basic understanding of music theory would help a lot. Chords are structured based on scales and keys yadah yadah. the letters (i.e. A B C D) are root notes to the chords. Now for the symbols. b=flat so Ab= A flat major chord. It's major because is has nothing denoting it's not. anything with a little m next to it is minor. That means that rather than playing the chord major, you drop the third note in the chord down a half step. The 7 means you add in the 7th note in the scale to that chord. # is the opposite of flat. It means sharp, so c# is a C sharp chord. Verse chorus and bridge are self-explanitory. Chords are generally 3-5 notes on average played together. So the first chord on there the Ab chord is an A flat major chord. your root note is Ab, and the other two notes you play are C and Eb I believe. If you don't know the notes on a piano, you need to buy a book. If this makes sense, it should be easier to figure out now. Another note. A major chord consists generally of three or four notes. Your root note, the next note is 4 half steps above that, and the next note is 3 half steps above that.

A minor chord has the root note, the next note is three half steps above that, and the last note is 5 half steps above that. I'm certainly not saying "this is how you play piano". I play, and it's not something you can just pick up and learn, but this should give you somewhat of a better understanding of how to read these charts. If you go out and spend like ten bucks at a local music store, you can get a music theory book that will explain all of this in great detail. btw what song is this?
Hope this helps and good luck.

Original Question

Piano Question!?
Q. Okay, I'm learning to play the piano because i'm very good at other instruments and felt that would be a good one to figure to learn to play, but heres what happens:

I pick a song and can quickly pick up the melody on the piano but have trouble figuring out which chord to play to complete the sequence or to possible play as an instrumental on my own. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

A. Take a couple lessons, or get a "keyboard chart". You put it behind the piano keys and it shows the chords on the notes.

Original Question




Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Posted by KickAnswers on - Rating: 4.5
Title : whats the difference between a c chord and the key of c?
Description : Q. i have a piano chart at home that says C chord is G, C, and E (in that order). but i've learned that C is C, E, and G. they are the ...

Share to

Facebook Google+ Twitter
Newer Post
Older Post
Home

Popular Posts

  • Is it necessary to get a piano teacher if I want to start to play piano?
    Q. Is it possible to learn how to play piano and read piano sheet notes without a teacher. I heard I should find someone who will show me h...
  • How to learn Piano Chords?
    Q. I'm trying to teach myself piano chords, I don't understand though where to play them on the keyboard though, example "C...
  • what's the difference between major and minor scales?
    Q. arent all minor scales a form of major scales? for example a piece says "Study in E minor" why does it say in E minor when it ...
  • What are the notes in the piano chord Esus?
    Q. If you were to play Esus on piano, what notes are in the right hand? The one note in the base? A. E|b|E|A|B|E these in succession from ...
  • How to convert guitar chords to piano notes?
    Q. I have a few songs that I would love to convert to piano notes (beginner/intermediate level) and I just don't know how. I googled it...
  • How to do advance piano chords?
    Q. I already know how to make major and minor chords and inversions. But the others chords I still don't know how to do them. How do yo...
  • How do you convert guitar chords to piano chords?
    Q. i really would like to play a song on the piano. the song is kind of old and i can only find it for the guitar so i was wondering how do...
  • What are your plans after High School?
    Q. I am doing a project for my english class and I would like to know what are your plans after High School A. Ah, I love these types of q...
  • How much does piano help with guitar?
    Q. I've played guitar for seven years, and I'm taking up guitar. About how long does it take to get really good at guitar, and does...
  • How to make a beautiful sad melody on piano?
    Q. So my voice instructor is leaving soon, and i wanted to surprise her and write her a song and i have started, i have an idea of the lyri...
Copyright © 2012 Piano Music Chords QA - All Rights Reserved
Powered by Blogger